FJ62: disconnect the wires to the DS window motor, and with a set of leads jump with + and - to get the window in to the up position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DougRFJ62

GOLD Star
Threads
The power switch relay is clicking when engaging the DS window panel switch. All other windows are going up and down. I looked in the 2 electrical diagram manuals I have and the Power window motor diagram is not listed. I need the wiring diagram for the power window motor or can someone tell me what is the voltage layout of the plug is (+ and -) so I can get this window up using 12V leads.

Found diagrams- any suggestions on using a set of leads with + and - to power up window without killing the motor. Obviously not crossing wires comes to mind.
64F1C6EF-03C7-4619-B613-60E4A80A8760.jpeg

Just pull the door panel off and disconnect the motor from the harness. Then jump 12v and ground directly to the motor and reverse if it goes the wrong way.

then check the green relay box. you may have a circuit that’s corroded. @Spook50 is fixing these if needed. just fyi! he fixed mine and it works perfectly
Absolutely! Been a little slow I suspect from the holidays and the winter weather (if anyone's like me, they're having to do Cruiser work outside and during the winter months it ain't fun) but I've been using the down time to work on my work room and get my new (to me) desk restored and usable as my electronics bench.

Absolutely! Been a little slow I suspect from the holidays and the winter weather (if anyone's like me, they're having to do Cruiser work outside and during the winter months it ain't fun) but I've been using the down time to work on my work room and get my new (to me) desk restored and usable as my electronics bench.
I have a 12x18 garage that’s really more like 11x17 after you account for wall thickness. I don’t have a garage door yet and there’s also a motorcycle squeeze in there. So its dry but ambient Vermont temps and no space. I feel your pain. 😂. I am however bearing the point where I have a useable second floor and then the cruiser will be the only thing down below.

Fortunately the only three components to worry about are the breaker, the switch and the relay box. The switch assembly is available from Switchdoctor via Amazon, the breaker is available new from Toyota, and the relay box is repairable.
@Spook50 can you provide me Amazon link for the switch assembly and the breaker part# from Toyota?

Last edited:
The green relay box in the door.
View attachment 2892403
There's somewhat of a guide to replacing the relays in it, but doing it does require soldering. When I get them I replace the relays and all the capacitors as well, along with raising up the resistors so they're not contacting the PCB and leaving burn marks that I've seen on a couple I've done. If the PCB itself is damaged I'm able to repair it and also reflow any cold (or just degraded) solder joints.

Here's the thread that talks about it: FJ62 Drivers Power Window (AutoDown) Relay Fix - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj62-drivers-power-window-autodown-relay-fix.362868/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom