FJ62 Dash LED Swap

Hi all. I am relatively new as a member but have been following this forum for awhile and really appreciate the contributions everyone makes.

I need some help on how to pull out the dash on my '88 FJ62. My goal is to upgrade the dashboard bulbs with LEDs using guidance I got from other threads here. My worry is how to correctly unplugged the cables from the dash (speedo, cluster, etc.). I am wondering if anyone can point me to a resource that gives a step by step, or video, on how to remove the dash display and connecting cables so I can replace the bulbs? I can pull the dash but cannot easily get to the back. i am mostly worried that I will snap 30+ year old plastic trying to remove the cables from the instruments. Any guidance would be appreciated. I feel like I am all thumbs here. Thanks
switch out to change the bulb. I have the dash panel off and all the bulbs but need some help with these 2.

MTB Land Cruise

SILVER Star
Hi all. I am relatively new as a member but have been following this forum for awhile and really appreciate the contributions everyone makes.

I need some help on how to pull out the dash on my '88 FJ62. My goal is to upgrade the dashboard bulbs with LEDs using guidance I got from other threads here. My worry is how to correctly unplugged the cables from the dash (speedo, cluster, etc.). I am wondering if anyone can point me to a resource that gives a step by step, or video, on how to remove the dash display and connecting cables so I can replace the bulbs? I can pull the dash but cannot easily get to the back. i am mostly worried that I will snap 30+ year old plastic trying to remove the cables from the instruments. Any guidance would be appreciated. I feel like I am all thumbs here. Thanks

Search for this title:​

Instrument panel face removal 89 FJ62​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom