Fj62 cut off and restarted on its own (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today when driving my FJ62, I was parking the car. When I switched from Drive to Reverse the car cut off but came back to life on its own. The starter even cranked itself. Then when I put the car into drive, it restarted again. Then I manually turned the key off and on and the issue seemed to go away. Havent driven it since. Any idea what this is?

How long is the time between the engine being dead to the starter self starting? My guess is wiring in the ignition if anything.

I seriously doubt your starter actually turned the engine over in the half-second time between you shifting gears. The engine rotating assembly has momentum and a sudden power interruption will cut it off and restart it - you have a bad main ground

I agree w Matt. I can’t imagine any scenario that would automatically crank over the starter for a moment.

I also sincerely doubt the starter cranked itself. The only thing I can think of is maybe the vehicle had a remote start installed at some point in its life, and now it's playing up?

I also sincerely doubt the starter cranked itself. The only thing I can think of is maybe the vehicle had a remote start installed at some point in its life, and now it's playing up?
Maybe even a push button start? Some people do that i think

Very odd. Clean all your grounds, battery connections, and starter connections. Pull the covers around your steering and check your wiring going intro the ignition for damage to the wires. Wiggle the wires to see if anything changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom