fj62 cooling fan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
there's a cooling fan on the fj62 that still runs after you turn the vehicle off. anyone know how many amps it draws? I'd like to use one for another project and i need to get a resistor/fuse, but dont know what size.

I bet you'll have to rig it up with an ammeter and some jumper wires to find out. I doubt this is something anyone has looked into.

There's one on my 55. I don't think it draws much. I've never checked.

:meh:

thanks for the replies. ha ha, didn't even think of the most obvious choice= using a multi meter.

The cooling fan on my FJ62 never runs. The PO says that it only runs if the engine gets REALLY hoe, but I'm wondering about that. When is it supposed to run? If mine isn't functioning correctly, what are the best trouble-shooting steps take? (I'm basically familiar with auto electric circuts and have digitla and analog multi-meters). Thanks! Bill

The cooling fan on my FJ62 never runs. The PO says that it only runs if the engine gets REALLY hoe, but I'm wondering about that. When is it supposed to run? If mine isn't functioning correctly, what are the best trouble-shooting steps take? (I'm basically familiar with auto electric circuts and have digitla and analog multi-meters). Thanks! Bill

Take it out?

You don't really need it on an FJ62. Mines been out for some time now.

I dunno. Gets pretty hot under the hood after I turn the engine off. Especially here in Sacramento in the summer! I wonder why Toyota kept in on the FJ62 ??? I would think that they would want to save on the cost of the components if they didn't feel that there was a reason for it...

I think they are needed in the south.More than likely its the sensor on the manifold or the wire to it. MIke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom