fj62 cold start problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live in San Antonio so clearly I'm using the term cold during the summer loosely. I was having trouble starting my fj62 when is been sitting for a number of hours. It would sputter and eventually start and stay running after feathering the pedal for 5 seconds or so to keep it running. I fixed the problem by turning the key to the on position and waiting for about 4 seconds before cranking it. When I do that it will literally crank over 2 cranks and fire right up. I'm assuming I'm having an issue holding fuel pressure so my question is what component in these vehicles is responsible for holding fuel pressure? Is it the regulator, the pump, or something all together different? Thanks

Have you tried changing the fuel filter first.

Is it throwing a code?

In the Factory Service Manual (FSM) there are a set of procedures for troubleshooting the EFI system...MAF, TPS, etc.

Isn't there a procedure (involving a paperclip tool) in the FSM to test the OBD to see if it is throwing a code?...whether or not the engine light is on or not?

When mine had this issue it was the temp sensor for the cold start injector.

I'm thinking the inability to hold pressure is due to a leak. Check for accumulated dust/gunk around each connection and around each injector, the fuel pulsation damper, pressure regulator, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom