FJ62 “Carb” Cooling Fan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe you misunderstood my last statement. My truck runs beautifully. It never stalls on a regular basis and it only stalls occasionally (once every 3 or 4 runs) when it is extremely hot and I am idling around. I don't see it as a problem really

Maybe I misstated in my earlier post but, my truck runs beautifully 99% of the time. I had my injectors rebuilt last year and my fuel pump is relatively new. I am quite certain my pressure regulator is connected properly to the fuel pressure vsv. Yes I have a fuel pump relay and it appears to function normally. When I experience the fuel boiling issue , it is not often and as I said usually quite hot out and happens when I am lugging the engine down for longer periods without throttle input. I sometimes apply the brakes when crawling up super steep stuff to get my stickies to grab a bit better. I find they really start to work when my engine is on the verge of stalling. The way I use my 3fe is probably not the way most guys on here do. As is the rig itself. Most guys would be surprised to see what I do with it. Most of my buddies run full tube buggies with the exception of a few of us that still have trucks/truggies. I am not at all concerned with the issue and I have no intention of fixing it. Sorry to screw up your carb cooling fan thread if I did?
With your explanation, I would check to see if the VSV is functioning and move on. I wouldn't touch a thing. Sounds like a fun rig.

@bubfuji

Great pix on those Hyline louvers. I just ordered a pair -- I've been looking for louvers for a while but everything else I saw (rectangular), would have required cutting the hood support frame ..

I'll probably put some high-temp foil duct tape around the clipped insulator edges to keep them from fraying.

Cheers!
Great Idea. I been thinking about what to use to clean up the opening for some time. There is high heat foil tape which should work well. Although my hood insulation pad needs a refresh. The tape will work well until I come up with a suitable replacement. Again, great idea.

If you do the louvers, just be sure you measure, measure, measure. After seeing how custom painters lay out graphics with tape. They pull the tape tight before it touches the car (making it straight). So I stretched blue painters tape across the hood to make sure left and right were in the same spot. The set up took the most time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom