FJ62 Bumper Question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys...have a question...I've found front and rear bumpers from an '84 FJ60. Will these fit on my '88 FJ62?

Thanks in advance!

The front 60 bumper is not tall enough to fit the 62 horns.

The rear bumpers have the same part numbers according to toydiy.

The rear cross member is different on a 60 vs 62. I fit (what I was told was) a 60 rear bumper onto my 88 62 with a little trimming with a jig saw. There are a few notches on the bottom that need to be extended to accomodate position of the 62 crossmember.

Any one know how much taller an FJ62 front horns are over the 60 series? Working on a front bumper design and want to be able to use this same bumper on the FJ62.

When I had my bumper made a requirement was that the horns be removed. Not the most fun but I used a new $30 grinder so it was quick. That's actually a good idea (horn removal) so that this bumper will actually fit so long as frame rails are the same. If I took off the custom bumper, I could get some bolts and put the horns back on and then the OEM bumper. But, your milage may vary.

Oh, I have the 62 horns just laying around... And a front bumper.

If it was not dark here already i would go measure both frames for ya.

If ya get nothing by tomorrow PM me and i will go measure both of mine here for you. I do know the backs are completely different for cross members.

I appreciate the info...I think the frames (without the brackets attached) are the same, don't you think? That is all I am really interested. My design will require the original bracket be removed and new bumper brackets will utilize the original holes. Sorry to hijack the thread.

The height is about 1 inch different, stock to stock. I used an FJ62 ARB bumper on my Fj60 and had to make 1 inch spacers to make it fit. The frame rails are the same. So it you remove the extensions, then it's a wash.

Like others have stated frame rails are the same.

036-vi.jpg

040-vi.jpg

Hijack!... still talking frames...

Will a 62 crossmember bolt up to a 60 frame?

FYI...today I installed an FJ60 front and rear bumper onto my FJ62...it was a non-issue-no modifications whatsoever. Fits like a glove

FYI...today I installed an FJ60 front and rear bumper onto my FJ62...it was a non-issue-no modifications whatsoever. Fits like a glove

Sorry to dig this up after so long, but any pics? I can get a FJ60 bumper for a good price to replace my aftermarket bumper, but I'm worried the install won't be as easy as you make it sound.

I’m really digging this one up and I apologize but I’m curious about using a 62 front bumper on a 60. Anyone care to share what type of spacer you used? Thanks

It would likely just be easiest to fabricate a spacer, or put a Wanted ad in Mud classifieds for FJ62 front bumper brackets.

I found a good buy on a bumper already! Just wondering if someone has a pic or description of the type of spacer they fabricated. Thanks!

A piece of steel tube about 1 inch high works perfectly. I posted that pic years ago, but I still have the truck, so I'll try and get a pic tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom