fj62 Build / resurrection (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

stock

Sooo ....If you were going to put 33 10.5's on a 62 would you put them on the stock rims or on a set of
8" rims?

Black 15X8 rock crushers.

Scott the stock chrome rims will work just fine, I ran 33 X 10.50 on a 85 just the same color as yours for years with no problem at all. Doc By the way that is one sweet rig after you cleaned it up. Hope all is well with you and yours. Doc:)

get some fjc steelies and go with 35x12.5x17

Stock rims. 15x8 will be like running 12.5 wide on 10" rims will break beads when aired down and look ballooned out.

This is my DD so it will probably never be aired down ,don't want them to look ballooned. Going with the 33X10.50 's because the price is right ( free). I also have a set of 285 /70r17 Cooper discoverer sst MT's. That are coming off the wife's Jeep that still have decent tread that I could run if I could find a really cheap set of 17" steel wheels. Guess we will have to see what happens .
Thxs for the input.

They will not look ballooned, but natural, the sidewalls will look pulled out with 8". I think I chose my words wrong. :)

They're mounted on 10 " wide chrome spokes now. They look like 12.50s instead of 10.50's. They don't look bad at all. I've wheeled them lots with 20 psi and never lost a bead.

Josh and John, I've now got 5+ inches of lift on my 62 and my new 35's rub so bad I can't wheel it (yet).

I had 4" on my 62 and would rub with 33's. No sways an no shocks ;) sure was fun bouncing all around.

I had them on my 62 with only a shackle lift, and the only tire that rubbed was the right rear where it got hit. They never rubbed at full turn at all.
That's what I don't get. With no lift I ran 33's and with 5" I can't run 35's... WTF?

I had them on my 62 with only a shackle lift, and the only tire that rubbed was the right rear where it got hit. They never rubbed at full turn at all.
That's what I don't get. With no lift I ran 33's and with 5" I can't run 35's... WTF?

I think that you may be on to the answer in your other thread, I've got the 2 inch bumper stop drop that I put in during the rebirth and I don't seem to have the rubbing issue your having, also I am running a 2 inch backspace 10 inch rim that moves the tire further out but I note that in the rear at full stuff the tire still moves in under the sheet metal. The bracket to drop the bump stop is real simple take a look at mine this saturday you can fab one up or order one from several places, it limits up travel but does not stop down travel at all. :):cheers:

David,

what are you running spring and shackle wise? A shackle reversal might fit the bill.

5 inch alcans with 2 1/2 inches longer shackle.
The rear has an add-a-leaf also, but after we got them installed, I saw "front" on one of the rear springs(as in front of spring, not front of truck) I can turn them around fairly easily, everything was greased when it went together. The front, I'll just bump stop for now.

Got the new tires on. 33 12.50 15's on some black 8"
wide steel wheels.

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0331[2].jpg

Last edited:
I also got the hood that a fellow member hooked me up with put on. It was blue so I painted it with bedliner to match the bumpers and the other parts I blacked out. Eventually the tops of the fenders will be black once i fix some rust holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom