FJ62 Body Ground Location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Troubleshooting dome light not working in "ON" position and discovered there is not continuity between battery ground and the mounting screw holes that through dome light screws thread into. Made a direct check between batt (-) and the screw holes in the ceiling and no dice. I verified continuity between batt (-) and frame rails but it seems the body itself isn't grounded, or at least not the ceiling. All other lights, gauges, etc work (which seems strange to me if none of the body is grounded). Just done light in "ON" position no workie. In "ON" it should ground to the body and complete the circuit. I don't think there was originally a separate ground wire running up to the mounting screws at the dome light. So, my question is, where is the body grounded? Is there a dedicated ground strap running from batt (-) to the body? I only have one lead coming off of batt (-) and it goes to the right hand forward engine mount. Then a ground strap from the starter to the right hand frame rail but I haven't found one directly to the body. Can someone assist? Pictures of correct setups are appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephan

Al my 60s also have three majors, a ~10g wire from the back of the block to the firewall. There is also a ground strap from the starter to frame,
and battery to fender. There are multiple small ground wires throughout the harness to body. Add as many as you want. You can never have too many

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom