FJ62 Auto-Locking Hubs??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

in your first pic above, the vacumn lines go to the UFO looking piece, that is the vacumn actuator thingy.
the other are wires for sensors.

is the hole open into the transfer case? if it is there would be no oil left inside as it would just drain out.

Ah, noted. I will get back under here tomorrow to examine the condition of of the vacuum hoses now that I know where to look. I will also take a closer look at the hole in side of the t-case, but you confirmed my point of interest. If the hole is bored through the transfer case and was was not plugged, it would leak all of the oil out. So maybe its just an indention where a threaded full bore would be, maybe part of the casting. That adds up.

Thanks 3_puppies. I'll report back my findings!!

After a massive examination of the the drive train in an effort to address many issues, this issue was easily addressed and corrected. All of your advice was a big help!

1) the T-Case is OEM and original to the RIG......thank goodness. It only has three postions.....H2-N-L4. The knob that reflects the manual shift pattern of F60 ..."L" is clearly a replacment, but the wrong replacment. I found the correct knob on e-bay and will replace it, and relist the FJ60 Knob. If anyone on IH8 wants it, just let me know.

2) The 4WD light "always being on", this was corrected by replacing the solenoid attached to the firewall under the hood. mine was shot. in addition, I replaced the sensor that wires up to the T-Case. We had a ton of snow like most recently, so having a push botton activation for the the 4WD came in very handy. Only today, was I able to unlock the hubs all day. While the free-wheeling manual locking hubs are not at all convinent compaired to auto locking hubs, I wouldnt change them for the world. just too dang cool.

many more refurbishments to come!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom