FJ62 Add-a-leaf opinion on my sag? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These are the best shots I have. The rear sags quite a bit and I keep a bit of weight in the back a lot.

I was thinking maybe do the long MAF AAL in front and the Short AAL in the rear. Or just the Shorts in the rear. Any opinions on leveling it out and getting rid of the rear sag? I'd rather not take the truck out of commision and re-arch. with the AAL's I figure I can do one corner at a time and not be stuck with my cruiser up on blocks immobile. If I need to move it between leaf in stalls, I think I have a better chance with the AALs.

Also, any other components should I get before hand? Things that commonly break and need replacing? Bolts? Bushings? re-sue the stock shackles?

This truck is mostly a farm truck or just goes on the road between trails or to pickup stuff from the lumber yard. If I want a comfy ride I take the Scion or the KLR :) - not so concerned if it's a bumpy or stiff ride at all. Appreciate your input.

Long AALs front and rear, short are way too stiff. Do both sides at the same time, about a 2 hr job per axle. But for god's sake paint that nice bumper.

Long AALs front and rear, short are way too stiff. Do both sides at the same time, about a 2 hr job per axle. But for god's sake paint that nice bumper.

My thoughts on AAL Longs front a rear are that I may have a higher ride height which is good but how would it make the rear sag go away? I mean it would raise the front X in height and also the rear X in height. But the rear now is a few inches sagged compared to the front.

Yeah, that bumper was very delayed in it's delivery and needed to be put to work immediately pulling down trees complete with stumps fora road I am still building.

The whole truck is going to hopefully go Rustoleum Hammered Black with Flat black for the trim/bumper. When I get time and it coincides with 3 straight nice dry not too windy days. But's it's mud season in Mass...

I like a little "So-Cal" rake, shortys ride like s***, just so you know.

Please re-consider painting your rig black, it looks badass already. Black has no place on the body of a 60, bumpers and trim yes.

Put the long AAls on the rear of my 60, raised it up to level with the rear. Carry way to much stuff. Roof rack, tent, fridge, third battery, storage/sleep platform, food stove, shovels, you get the idea.

I also used the MF long on rear..nice and level now..also replaced the spring bushings all around while I was in there...good luck

I like a little "So-Cal" rake, shortys ride like s***, just so you know.

Please re-consider painting your rig black, it looks badass already. Black has no place on the body of a 60, bumpers and trim yes.

Opinions taken on the shorty's. I'll consider it. It really only has plates to be totally legal and use limited road or between trails.

Take a look at the first pic. The front driver corner near lights an signals is hammered black rustoleum. there are too many places on this truck with paint fade, cancer spots (to me not worth a ton of time to save), peeling clear coat, scuffs, rubs, gouges to make me not want to repaint it cheaper than earl schieb. the front bumper I think will go hammered black due to it wearing better than flat black but I think that the chrome trim removed and the vents and the like flat black will be nice. add some non purple tint and it should improve the look. the horrible pitted and rusted wheels I dont know what to do with. perhaps flat matte black for them.

As for the rake, I love the so-cal slammed look, but not on this truck. ever.

Put the long AAls on the rear of my 60, raised it up to level with the rear. Carry way to much stuff. Roof rack, tent, fridge, third battery, storage/sleep platform, food stove, shovels, you get the idea.

Hrm, so you recommend based on my pics and sag to just put on the longs in the rear and be done with it?

Hrm, so you recommend based on my pics and sag to just put on the longs in the rear and be done with it?
Just my 2cents. Opinions are like .....

I also used the MF long on rear..nice and level now..also replaced the spring bushings all around while I was in there...good luck

So you just did the rear? And you had the same sag i have?

Hrm... spring bushings, leaf bushings? You get them anywhere special?

APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S Input.

Kinda cheesy but my Dad installed a load leveler half spring that bolted to the springs while on the vehicle. Leveled out the truck, but again very cheesy.

You can see what they look like in this photo of them on the garage floor.

IMG_1484.jpg

Long AAL's are the right way to do it though. Tried and true.

Does anyone still sell add a leafs for the FJ62? I don't see them listed on the usual websites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom