Fj62 ac/heater problems. Who every can fix this ill buy them a beer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So today while fixing a shifter problem i had my air going to keep the mosquitoes off of me. I didnt have the car running and the air just stopped. I checked fuses and everything. I looked at some threads and tried to reset my circuit breaker, i took apart the blower and it looks immaculate. I checked the speed controller i tour up my dash and saw no shorts or signs of one. I finally got my hands on a volt meter and there is no power going to the heater cb. Everything else works on it but no power going to the AC. Im stumped and tomorrow is gonna be a 99 degree day and this is my daily, so anyone who can fix this problem gets a 6 pack

If there's no power to the circuit breaker, it just about HAS to be a failed fusible link.
Where would that be at? I cant find any connection point that would make sense

"B" line powers the heater CB. It should be the white edit ...wire coming off the fusible links it also powers alt, and other fuses see schematic.
1563535302416.png

Also i want to point out things ive noticed, The only things that are not working right now are the gauge cluster and the air vents. As well as potentially something that has do do with fuel control cause it smells like its running lean. Everything else runs well and i had no problem driving it. However looking at your wiring diagram you have im worried my alternator isnt charging the battery, also if it is a fusible link wouldnt the alternator actually run the heater system?

Unplug the green connection on the fusible link and with a multi-meter or 12v test light probe the plug to see if all three fusible links have current thru them. If it's bad fusible links are available from online vendors (see vendor list) above, or you can order from a local toyota dealer. (pricey?) Other options are replace fusible links with a fuse box and large fuses, or a breaker panel. Also if you want to go cheap you can find a fusible link wire and just replace the wire but make sure it's the same rating. I've seen where some have completely bypassed the fusible link and wired the circuit directly to the battery positive post but that's NOT a good idea for obvious reasons.

Air vents ...blower fan etc not going to work w/out current to the heater CB...it powers the fan.

Volt meter should be at 12v plus with the acc switch on at the key. And should be about 13.5 or so with the truck running and the alternator working. Another way to test this is with a multi-meter at the battery. 12v plus w/out it running and 13V or more should be read with the truck running and the alternator feeding the battery.

Lean smells ...you'll need to be more specific.

I can just smell gas in the exau
Unplug the green connection on the fusible link and with a multi-meter or 12v test light probe the plug to see if all three fusible links have current thru them. If it's bad fusible links are available from online vendors (see vendor list) above, or you can order from a local toyota dealer. (pricey?) Other options are replace fusible links with a fuse box and large fuses, or a breaker panel. Also if you want to go cheap you can find a fusible link wire and just replace the wire but make sure it's the same rating. I've seen where some have completely bypassed the fusible link and wired the circuit directly to the battery positive post but that's NOT a good idea for obvious reasons.

Air vents ...blower fan etc not going to work w/out current to the heater CB...it powers the fan.

Volt meter should be at 12v plus with the acc switch on at the key. And should be about 13.5 or so with the truck running and the alternator working. Another way to test this is with a multi-meter at the battery. 12v plus w/out it running and 13V or more should be read with the truck running and the alternator feeding the battery.

Lean smells ...you'll need to be more specific.
I can smell gas in the exhaust like when you over lean a carburetor, i it seems the emission controls run off the alternator so it might be another sign that its that fusible link. The problem im having is that mine are not all coming off of the battery. Ill take a pick when i get on my lunch break to show you

Yeah that was the problem, the black ALT fuse wire was blown and probably was going bad for some time since my ac blows faster now. I bypassed it for the time being till i can get some fuse wire and completely rebuild my connections since the other ones seems to be going. PM and ill figure out how to get you that case of beer cause you saved my ass from a 99 degree day, also saved my ass from running it until battery died since i didnt know the alternator didnt work if that fuse was blown.

We'll... even though I believe I was first to point out the failed component,... ahem...ahem....The beer goes to g-man for his exhaustive (pictures and arrows, etc.) explanation.🙂🙂🙂

We'll... even though I believe I was first to point out the failed component,... ahem...ahem....The beer goes to g-man for his exhaustive (pictures and arrows, etc.) explanation.🙂🙂🙂
I tell you what if you to are willing to split it ill figure out how to get you guys both beers. Im extremely grateful because ive never come across this before and spent 6 hours tearing into my dash to try and solve it

Very dangerous to bypass that Fuse link without fixing what caused the blow. You risk car-fire. Just sayin'.

Yeah, Dr. John was first, Where in Virginia are you? Do you wheel it? You should consider going to "Fall Crawl" in Winchester in Oct. Or we can all meet up in NC to do Logan's Run in Sept. why are you fieldtester96 and what happened to field testers 1 thru 95?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom