For Sale FJ62-$85,000. Not a typo...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I realize labor ain't cheap but for 125k you could buy a new Mercedes c300 for the upholstery, BMW 3 series for the seats and a Chevy pickup truck for the engine and tranny, then part out the rest of the vehicles to pay for the rest and you'd have to end up way ahead compared to this. :)

Hope they get it, makes everyones go up a little,and brings some recog. to cruisers. Mike

$85K and vinyl interior? haha

or this

I just don't see how it is $59,000 better than this:

FJ62

Seriously, this is a bargain compared to the TLC

What is this guy smoking?? I agree, the 62 raffle rig is a great deal!

Michael Browning said:
I just don't see how it is $59,000 better than this:

FJ62

Seriously, this is a bargain compared to the TLC

X2. If I'm burning chips in Vegas this is my bet.

Smokin deal, comes with scuffed paint and torn door panel........not to mention a fugly interior. The door panels are some of the ugliest I have seen, worst yet for a 125,000 resto!?

I'll give them $85K, but they'll have to straighten out that DS rear mud flap first. It's all cockeyed.

That's a beautiful rig. Ward and his shop does amazing work.

Just for the record...WE (the hard-core, do-it-yourself, in-your-garage, wheel it, break it, fix it, rebuild it...ect) LC enthusiast are NOT his target market. His market is Holywood folk, the ubber wealthy in Aspen, and the pink khaki wearing yuppie in the Hamptons/Vinyard.

I say good for him, and good for the folks that can afford one. I will honestly and without gilt say IF I can millions in the bank, I would have a FEW TLC rigs, including an ICON.

He found a niche market that obviously provides a good income and allows him to do what he loves, and produce some pretty bad ass LC's.

Frankly, I am kind of tired of hearing people bitch about his prices. Who on ih8mud uses an Apple product? Over half of the cost of an Apple product is in the design. Same with a TLC rig. You are paying a large premium for design.

Lastly, and for the record...a TLC FJ62 came up on the market a year or so back...original restoration was around 80K...and it's current owner paid around 15K.

SO...just wait for one of the 'target market' members to buy this rig, get tired of it, let it sit in their heated garage, and then sell it at a major loss....

OR just go build your own if you're so inclined...

:cheers:

That's a beautiful rig. Ward and his shop does amazing work.

Just for the record...WE (the hard-core, do-it-yourself, in-your-garage, wheel it, break it, fix it, rebuild it...ect) LC enthusiast are NOT his target market. His market is Holywood folk, the ubber wealthy in Aspen, and the pink khaki wearing yuppie in the Hamptons/Vinyard.

I say good for him, and good for the folks that can afford one. I will honestly and without gilt say IF I can millions in the bank, I would have a FEW TLC rigs, including an ICON.

He found a niche market that obviously provides a good income and allows him to do what he loves, and produce some pretty bad ass LC's.

Frankly, I am kind of tired of hearing people bitch about his prices. Who on ih8mud uses an Apple product? Over half of the cost of an Apple product is in the design. Same with a TLC rig. You are paying a large premium for design.

Lastly, and for the record...a TLC FJ62 came up on the market a year or so back...original restoration was around 80K...and it's current owner paid around 15K.

SO...just wait for one of the 'target market' members to buy this rig, get tired of it, let it sit in their heated garage, and then sell it at a major loss....

OR just go build your own if you're so inclined...

:cheers:

Well said! :clap:

It looks like a nicely done resto...except the GM lump under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom