FJ62 4WD dash light out, transfer case switch replacement FIX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These would be the Female SUB harness section to the main harness .

these have bullert connectors for a FH40 Late h55F swap

but and OEM proper period connector can be custom installed by the skunk works LAB in short order to accommodate a FJ60 or a FJ62 depending what harness side Interface connector application is requires

ALL UV rated Black housings updated fyi.........

same similar back up switch and 4wd indicator too

View attachment 2939972View attachment 2939973View attachment 2939974View attachment 2939975View attachment 2939976View attachment 2939977

Are these on the website, how can I get a couple? I could really use 2 of these female Sub harnesses.

Some day need to figure out what all switches are on US FJ62s. Know the one for the 4WD. There is another that activates the vacuum control when the transfer case is moved to low range. Plus there is one with a light on the transmission shifter that alerts the that transfer case is in neutral. Not sure if that one lights when ever the transfer is in neutral or only when transmission is shifted to park.

Some day need to figure out what all switches are on US FJ62s. Know the one for the 4WD. There is another that activates the vacuum control when the transfer case is moved to low range. Plus there is one with a light on the transmission shifter that alerts the that transfer case is in neutral. Not sure if that one lights when ever the transfer is in neutral or only when transmission is shifted to park.

What are you asking? About the NSS on the transmission? That one doesn't have any interaction with the T-case switches.
There's no mysteries here, there's the three on the T-case and the NSS on the transmission. All of this along with the wiring diagrams are in the FJ62 FSM

E4E21F12-BF14-4D9C-B854-E62B6726595B.jpeg

Funny seeing this thread pop up again, as my 4WD indicator light hasn't behaved the last few days. Need to check to see if the LED is just maybe loose in the socket or if maybe the switch is starting to fail....

Funny seeing this thread pop up again, as my 4WD indicator light hasn't behaved the last few days. Need to check to see if the LED is just maybe loose in the socket or if maybe the switch is starting to fail....
What are you asking? About the NSS on the transmission? That one doesn't have any interaction with the T-case switches.
There's no mysteries here, there's the three on the T-case and the NSS on the transmission. All of this along with the wiring diagrams are in the FJ62 FSM

View attachment 2940313

I have found that certain LED bulb upgrade sockets and the WEDGE
Style stand alone ones also can have a slight to more than slight profile difference compared to the now stone-age Fred Flintstone age of incandescent filaments and all glass wedge bulbs 💡 from that period of time …?

My observations of this are many in-hand and up-close and personal on my personal Toyota Vehicle platforms fleet , my clients and customers back in the day during my in-house little restore and refresh vinatge toyota cars and trucks shop I dabbled with during the initial circa. Era of me seeing the first “ LED’s “ as they were termed at that moment, being also listed with key word search terms like FJ40 FJ55 FJ60 FJ62 etc …..

For a good spell I was unaware that LED was short for “ Light Emitting Diode “ ? ….. maybe more then a good spell is more straight up …🤣

See …

The words “ bulb “ and. “ bulbs “ were NOT in a eBay listing Title or the often murky description in the body of the eBay listing itself ???

I recall clearly as JIS GLASS Lumens … the first description that had them listed as 1156 / 1157 / 67 / 89 ……etc

- those are the most recent revised SAE code designations and I can say for a fact last revised ones too ….

After all when a technology sorta dies on the vine for a whole host of
Un-Related and directly related reasons what ever tech spec data at the moment is sorta frozen 🥶 in time

I still to this day have not really established a good fact as to the WHY factor here because the good and better quality ones I kept digging for , like more LUMEN or like a addional diode from
1 then 2 now 3 + all still random suffered from a random fitment issues at times they simply would fall out if u wiggled. It’s now OEM KOITo pigtail socket Intended home for life upside down like a good old PHAT Night Crawler on a NON-BARB equiped phishing hook ..

Some were are are stubborn to insert due to being PHAT at one place or another in the WEDGE profile of a 194 peanut 🥜 now the full size PHAT KOITo Amber ones on like a 1996-2002 JDM
SR5 4Runner rear combo Lamps that were in-fact the first ever US market CLEAR rear turn lens to incorporate a real true AMBER JIS glass 1-piece sealed bulb , because KOITo like
CORNING Glass here in the USA has the GLASS foundry and forge from AMBER silica sand media that they tint using a TOP SECERT man made Coloring agent in the silica media then it heads into the foundry where the “ KOITo-Caterpillar “ enters a glowing stone type Freddy Kuger oven on a metal moving assembly line type process , to then shortly come out the other side have been transformed into a Industrial work of unmatched art like the Front JIS Glass groundbreaking FLAT face profile 81110-60P70 glass we all see and love …

Take a Moment and study up-close and personal like , all the very very special patterns of lines that are forge cast into the inside of each 60P70 front glass Lens …

The back all glass globes are a stand alone 1pc cast of glass too

Then till this day 2 human hands apply the JIS urethane gun grade sealant to each inside mating face profile. …

This double beads is called a “ wet-down-tack surface detail

It ensures the greyish urethane meets tacky grey urethane upon first contact to final squeeze together assembly is compete , then the now monolithic 1 piece H4 is clamped , hung to set on a hook and wire in the air over night ….

This = another KOITo born ….

This is as much of the step by step assembly process from raw silica to you attach your stainless steel trim rings back in place on the 81110-60p70 install I know ….

If anyone knows more juicy modern KOITo tech tidbits on the whole manufacturing process ?

Please do tell :idea:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom