FJ62/3FE Distributor Cap Filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
On the dizzy cap there are two vacuum nipples. I believe one goes to a filter on the firewall. Where does the second go? I can't find it in the FSM.

From this view, the left one goes to the firewall and the right one connects to the big nipple on the air filter assembly. Hope that helps!
20210730_103311.jpg

From this view, the left one goes to the firewall and the right one connects to the big nipple on the air filter assembly. Hope that helps!
This helps. I don't have a FJ62, but I do have a 2FE in my FJ40. I've been trying to Yankee engineer this for several years since I don't use the FJ62 air box. The main road block has been the filter, but I think I might have, finally, sourced one.

Interesting, good luck.
I wonder why the dizzy needs clean air.
Did you create a custom air box? or what did you end up doing.

Cone air filter.

Air Filter-sm.jpg

The dizzy gets pressurized to prevent corrosion and water intrusion.

What I've done on my engines with the large vented distributor cap is to use a small fuel filter for the air intake. Run the hose to a high point on the firewall and zip tie in place. Connect the other nipple to a vacuum source, preferably with a one-way valve so you do not have fumes back flowing into the cap. I've been running 3 engines with the cheap fuel filter mod for > 20 years.

Have a fresh air flow through the distributor cap is important to prevent corrosive fumes from accumulating and destroying the electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom