FJ62 3FE Cold Start Injector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
YO!! 62'ers!!! This month, I gleefully added to the LC collection, an 88 FJ62. Strong rig, no rust, all stock. 213K miles. I'm working through the rig replacing missing and worn out parts with the goal of getting the 3FE engine running at its highest potential. Most parts that are specific to the 62's are all VERY hard to find, A LOT of online searching, and a lot of $$$.

Where I have failed, is to find a replacement cold start injector, OEM part number 2326069026. The one I have appears to be in need of replacement. However, given that I have been completely unable to find this part, new, refurbished, or aftermarket, and given the materials used to manufacture this part.....I suspect my only path forward is to rebuild it the one I have. However, again, I cant find any guides to rebuilding this C/S injector. Any suggestions as to a source for a replacement part, or opinions on rebuilding the one I have???

Also, can anyone educate me on the function of this part? My understanding is that under cold conditions, and when the cold start injector switch (OEM part # 89846220010) is engaged when it senses low coolant temp, this part injects fuel directly into the air intake manifold. If this is correct, in simple terms, this part acts as a primer of sorts. If this is this case, is it at all possible to use a more recent OEM part that functions in the same way? I suspect that the functionality is not overly sensitive to the volume of fuel injected.

Any advise is appreciated!!

I’m going to send my spare cold start injector to Pacific Fuel Injection in Portland, Oregon. Over the phone, they said it would not be a problem to rebuild. Give them a holler, they might be able to fix your problem pretty easily.

find a local fuel injector service place, they should be able to also do the CSI

Thanks for the suggestions. I did another "deep drive" search online for this part. This is what I learned.

23260-69025 and 23260-69026 are interchangeable. After A LOT of searching for 23260-69025, I found a new aftermarket part from CARTER. The description and pictures of this part all "add up", so I forked out the $200+. See the attached picture. Once I swap these out, I'll send my original OEM part to be rebuilt. Cant hurt to have a spare given how hard they are to find.

cold start injector for FJ62.jpg

Update. I received the CARTER cold start injector i ordered online. It looks to be exactly what I ordered. I plan to swap this part out over the weekend. I'll post a picture of the original part once its out. Just in time for winter in Arkansas!!!

Very nice find! And made in Japan so likely a rebox of a OE supplier for Toyota? Any markings on it?

The only marking on the part itself is on the plastic casting. three individual numeric markings. "528" "22" and "0740". Any idea what these markings indicate? See attached picture. Here is the kicker. The unopened "CARTER" box had two identical parts. WILD!!!!

CS 2.jpg

CS2.jpg

After a closer look, the two parts are NOT identical. The numeric markings are the same on the plastic casting, however the opposite side of the casting has an ALFA marking. one "E" the other "F" what the what!!!??? I'm curious if the same part was used on an engine that used 2 cold start injectors, and what I bought unknowing.........as it was not listed this way, was a set. I guess if one of these is the correct part, no harm. I also wonder if either or will work......in which case I have an extra. see picture.

cs 3.jpg

The E and F are simply the cavity numbers in the plastic mold. The mold might have made 8 at a time so you might expect to see cavity numbers A-H. Nice score at any rate.

It took searching for the interchangeable part numbers to find these. The OEM FJ62 Part number ending is "61010" yielded nada. The part number ending in "69025" did the trick and I found these on e-bay, Sparks-Plus e-bay store.

Based on my research, this is a list of all intercahgable part numbers for this cold start injector. I cant vouch for any of these other than "69025"

Interchange Part Number:1956030741; 23260-61010; 23260-69025; 23260-69026;CSV20

This is the manufacturers part number for the two I found from CARTER. I haven't searched this, but may be helpful.

Brand:CARTERManufacturer Part Number:416030

So

My once build it to see if I could dare my self

Has taken a 2 chapter

From book shelf wonder to now mock
Up study aid

My goal
Is to
Be able to outfit all the various sensors pro date
Changes and now !

Service spec pig tail connectors as well

I could use a good bunch of of pics posted of the 1 pin