FJ62 1989 Instrument Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who has the type of lights that go in behind the gauges. Since I have it out for replacing the radio I figure I might change them out to some LED ones.

Found it quit a while back on this web site but having trouble finding it again.

Thanks

Search LED Instrument lights in this forum. Someone posted a complete list. If I had it handy, i'd send you the link.

Search... this
“1988 FJ62 LED Interior Bulb Swap Chart (2020 Edition)”
I just replaced all the dash, shifter and all exterior bulbs as well per the list. Got everything from super bright led.com. Got two of each bulb just in case one of them was bad... didn’t want to do that job twice. And I think they are having a sale.

my advice i’m for what it’s worth is don’t change the high beam indicator or the 4wd button light. they become too bright and i hated them. i had to go back into the dash to swap them back to the incandescent. that way you’ll only take the dash apart once. that being said i’ve now done it about 10 times for various reasons and it’s become super easy!! i’ve learned the tricks so it doesn’t scare me off anymore

Yeah listen to what @franklin40 said. I have swapped all of mine and like it but the high beam indicator is way to bright. I’ve also done the JW speaker headlights and I’m currently running a 50Ohm resistor on the high beam indicator is it’s still a bit to bright for my liking. As you can see below.
Also be aware some of the LED bulbs are polarized so you have to get them in the correct way of the circuit. Not to difficult but just watch out for that as you install them and start thinking you got dead bulbs from super bright.
EB91D08A-2B6E-4B50-8F25-F78D77146371.jpeg

Yeah listen to what @franklin40 said. I have swapped all of mine and like it but the high beam indicator is way to bright. I’ve also done the JW speaker headlights and I’m currently running a 50Ohm resistor on the high beam indicator is it’s still a bit to bright for my liking. As you can see below.
Also be aware some of the LED bulbs are polarized so you have to get them in the correct way of the circuit. Not to difficult but just watch out for that as you install them and start thinking you got dead bulbs from super bright.
View attachment 2509166
Very true.... I had to switch a couple around to make them work, and ensure you test the bulbs/connection by turning on the headlight switch before you screw the panel. I learned that the hard way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom