FJ60 with highest miles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who has the cruiser with the highest miles, or has seen one with something over 500,000 miles?(dont know what that is in km)

What about most miles without an engine rebuild?
I know that my 225,000 isnt even close but was just thinking about what else is out there.

Nicholas

got a fj62 with 340,000 on it. another with 240,000.........runs like its new.

Greenhorn with a measly 207K. Just getting warmed up.

This is the kind of thread....

that I can show my wife and say "see it WAS worth it" :D
'89 FJ62 with 187K...it's just a baby!!

Mine only has 93,000 miles. I'm the baby here!!!

The difference is that I have many more years to do it than you guys.

I'm only 17!!!!!

:beer:

Landpimp said:
got a fj62 with 340,000 on it. another with 240,000.........runs like its new.

Bless you Landpimp.. for giving me faith that my girl will be around for another decade :cheers:

I've got 233K stock, runs like a champ

I've got one that went 350,000 before the body and interior got to be too rough to use. Drivetrain was in great shape though. Original rings and bearings inthe engine, never had a valve job and not even a valve adjustment in the last 220,000 (I was the only person to turn a wrench onit during tht period). For the last 50,000 or so mile it got used motor oil drained from other rigs during oil changes (it was leaking pretty badly from the side and pan gasket and from the front seal and at that point it was a sort of torture test to see just how much willful neglect it would accept).
Original birfields and knuckle bearings. Ran with hubs locked for almost half the year every year (half the total mileage). Routinely commuted 90 miles a day at 3000rpm during it's final years. Had to replace one outer pinion bearing (rear diff of course) and front wheel bearings. Drivetrain original except for that. Oh yeah, a couple of ujoint along the way too. Wore the splines off of the rear pinion flange as well.

When parked it was still starting at -30F and getting 13mpg on the highway. Smoked a bit, but still the strongest running (stock) 2F I've ever owned.

I could probably get it running in an hour or so. But the body has been stripped of many usable parts and the interior is ripped out.

Great rig. It was a beater from the day I took possesion of her at 200,000 but she took everything that I and the previous owners threwat her.

Another testament to the fact that LandCruisers are the most durable vehicles on the planet.

:beer:

Mark W said:
Great rig. It was a beater from the day I took possesion of her at 200,000 but she took everything that I and the previous owners threwat her.

I would have buggied that one! :D

Oil galley plug

Now, list the ones that have the highest mileage with the original configuration of the oil galley plug...........I got 164,000 miles

i just hit 200,000 last month. i now have i think 201,700

My 84' had 287,000 when I sold it. I got it free for doing a trenching job on a local ranch. 45 mins of work for a FJ60. I didnt even have to backfill the trench.

My 87' had 203,000 on it when the speedo quit. Im guessing around 207,000 now.

Hodag

both the 240K and 350K never had the plug blow, the 240k still has the plug, the 350K had a mod done with an oil line from the plug hole to the oil filter housing, but not because it blew out.

oh and my 86 fj60, bought it 5-6 years ago with 92K, now 105K :D

sven said:
Now, list the ones that have the highest mileage with the original configuration of the oil galley plug...........I got 164,000 miles

194K I've only put about 11-12K on it in the last 1.5 yrs. I certainly hope it will go to 300K! Thats what I told my wife when I bought it! When it dies maybe diesel or a diff cruiser with no rust :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom