FJ60 with a 440 Dodge in CO! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
do you have emissions where you are? cause that motor doesn't

Emissions???? Whats that? :) Ha! No, I live in South Carolina!! The true SC. If we ever have a smog issue in Due West then the entire world is under a smog cloud! Look up my town, we have about 1,400 people total! Although all my stuff if on my cruiser. They have never tested here and when (or even if) they get around to it all my cars will be too old! :) We do not even have a vehicle inspection anymore. As in visual, lights working, or anything.

I am not interested in it. I just thought it was cool and something different!

I was JUST thinking about doing this swap today... I wonder how much work it was to get the tranny and x-fer all lined up right.

Way cool!

I was worried I would have trouble fitting my Ford 351 but heck if a 440 fits I shouldn't have any trouble

It doesn't say which trans he has. Stock with engine adapter or NV4500 with xfer adapter.........

Also I wonder if he had to mdify the steering shaft...........

Guess I could always contact the seller................

440=8mpg=not me!

Not a bad idea, I bet a bigblock anything would move a 60 pretty well. I would use a very sweet Pontiac though, 455 built with low compression and as a HIGH torque motor. I had a 400 H.O. in my first GTO. 370hp, 475ft lbs of torque. And the torque came in LOW and the HP came in relatively high for a street engine.

But, like always, since I dont have access to B or H series diesels I will always prefer the 2F to other options.

I am sure the steering had to be modified because of the exahust on that side. If I were to run headers on my 502 I would have had to modify the steering also. I went with Sanderson cast headers so no mods were necessary. A 351 should fit without any mods.
Gary

Tinker said:
I heart the roll cage! Any idea whose that is?
just goes over passenger and rear section...didn't sor used to sell those?

Texx said:
440=8mpg=not me!

This is funny:

2F/3FE=10-12MPG hummm=yea if you got the means and will power.

The thing I love obout our hoby is that you do not have to modify the engine to do most everything. Just get it running well.

I used to be into cars and fast cars. Still love them, bu thated dropping $4K into the performance/engine mods and noticing a little as well as dependability not being as high.

PabloCruise said:
My 2F knocks back 15-16 MPG.

Well you stink!!

My 3FE gets about 12 no matter what I do.

If I go down the flattest highway at about 55 I can squeeze about 14.5-15

I'll take the Fuel Injected V8 anyday...........................

Just gotta get started............

PabloCruise said:
My 2F knocks back 15-16 MPG.

Mine does to, without the AC running. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I think I've gotten almost 17 out of it on one trip down to Abilene.

The gas savings, of course, was still offset by burning nearly a quart of oil onver the same trip. :rolleyes:

swank60 said:
The gas savings, of course, was still offset by burning nearly a quart of oil onver the same trip. :rolleyes:

Swank60,

Now thats funny, not a Mopar fan Hey? I would go with a 351 stroked to a 396 EFI with LT headers, ported iorn heads, and a nice intake. I would leave everything else well enough alone. And if you are at it an dit will hook to a TC the t-56 6 speed tranny! WOW!!

But thats my fast car blood coming out in me. Always dreamed of a 351 stroked out in my old fox body mustang! Wow what a mean combo!! 2500# car with over 400hp to the wheels!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom