fj60 wiper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Three bolts attach wipermotor to steel panel. Clamped connection can be used to augment original feeble ground circuit.
Sand all lectrical contact points to shinny metal (motor, panel, cowl, frame). Apply 'NO-OX' greeze.
Should imperceptibly speed up wipers.
Cowl wuz filled with 4000 pine needles and 27 critter nests.

My wipers has plenty of speed and plenty of fluid pushing power. So good I fact I sent this photo the other night to a fellow mudder. My highly overzealous sprays go up and over the roof. I’m gonna guess I can simply reposition the spray nozzles?

149EFD94-42A9-491C-BB24-9CD06BED39A7.jpeg

Or my rear window... my rear wiper needs a new spring and who knows what else. Maybe I ought to open up a couple channels so it can drain down the back window. ;))

I had a similar issue with the passenger side nozzle, carefully bent it such that fluid went where its supposed to...
Question tho, why was it aimed high from factory?

I would tend to wonder if they get pushed up from ice or snow? Idk I’ve yet to really put my hands on them tho.
Or is the force stronger because of the headlight sprayer? Do they share the motor?

Huh. I wondered. I’ve got the front motor and hoses still in my truck but haven’t put a replacement res in cuz it seems like a waste of space and electricity from what many say.

Mine does the same thing... I always attributed it to the fact that the opening has gotten smaller over the years (corrosion) and thus sprays a smaller stream at higher velocity now. Was actually contemplating getting some replacement ends to mount to the hood instead of the cowl through the cowl vents, to give better angle and a more modern fan type spray pattern.

So I pulled the rear but off and loosened the one under the arm but it’s tight as a s bum... I read to give it a couple taps of a soft hammer or something or other? The sheath that covers the nut underneath is intact so I’d hate to ruin it if I tried to pry it up. And shhh to the ugly stuff under that area... wasn’t me but yes I realize it needs attending among a million other things.

13E85AAA-2184-4E22-ACB9-D784D1A241BC.jpeg

Actually, put the nut back on
lift the wiper
remove nut
and gently pry from base of arm

It’s stuck tight. I’ll try tmrw. Most likely it’s glued on by corrosion.

Yeah use some penetrent on it and then give it a whack with a soft hammer. If you dont have a soft hammer then put the nut back on to protect the threads and then tap it a few times with the hammer or a screwdriver handle you dont mind messing up.

It's fastened with JB Crude!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom