Fj60 , Weber carb and a distributor from Man a fre? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working on my son’s 1985 Fj60 doing a desmog , my son ordered a Weber and distrib from Man a Fre is this a good idea to change?
thanks

Jim C rebuilt OEM Carb is what most recommend here. Have a nice one I will be listing in the Classified soon since I have a Holley Sniper EFI setup now..

Working on my son’s 1985 Fj60 doing a desmog , my son ordered a Weber and distrib from Man a Fre is this a good idea to change?
thanks
I'm currently working on a like setup. While I like the fact that the Weber carb desmogged mine rig, I'm not really keen on the distributor. I didn't put on the setup, and don't know how old it is, but I do know that there's no diagnostic guide for the distributor. You can find similar HEI diagnostics, but I've not found anything for theirs. I'm sure it works great for a while, but when it comes time to troubleshoot issues with it, good luck. When I called them (a couple of times), they seemed more interested in selling me replacement parts. I'm not a parts changer, and have enough knowledge to figure things out, but you still need the data to do it. For what it's worth, if it's working, leave what you have alone. If not, I (personally) would look at keeping it as close to stock as I could. Sorry for the long response, but that's how I feel.

I’d skip the distributor as the stock one on an 85 is good as is, just replace the cap and rotor if worn and you should be all set.

cheers, James

I think you’d be better off sending your stock carb and distributor to jim for a carb rebuild and dizzy recurve. It will perform well, be 100% stock, and increase the truck value.

As other said,
Keep the stock distributor keep the stock carb.
Get both rebuilt by Jim C. Tell him how you will drive and he will pre tune the carb. It will be a unpack drop and go type deal.

Myself I would put a Holley in before a Weber any day of the week if I did not have a stock carb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom