FJ60 V8 Conversion Kit Prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking into the 350TBI Conversion for my 86 60 and was wondering who has good pricing on the Marks adapter conversion kit (w/ motor mounts and adapter mount). Anyone have any thoughts on who to get this stuff from?
Toad

Advance Adapters can get you into all of the trouble you are looking for....

-db-

Yea,
AA said $1160 for the kit (which is full retali) I know there are better deals out there.

Toadhopper said:
Yea,
AA said $1160 for the kit (which is full retali) I know there are better deals out there.
I'm not sure there are better deals - AA used to be the only US distributor for Marks products.

Toadhopper said:
Yea,

Call/Email with some details of your converion (location, vehicle, etc). I assume your referring to the 7163025-EK Bellhousing conversion kit?

Cruiser Outfitters is a Advance Adapters Dealer... we have been for 10-15 years, we can save you a bit (~$100)

Thanks and let me know! :D

[/endpimp] ;)

MutleyFJ62 said:
Why the chev? Why not the 1UZ-FE? Keeps the blood lines pure, a Toyota in a yota..... Just my $0.02 worth.

The chevy is just more bang for the buck and TBI is the simplest to deal with on the trail. Oh no, here we go again!! I'm sure we'll be hearing form the Vortec side of the table, but debat is healthy.
Toad

MutleyFJ62 said:
I have trouble getting around the whole Chev thing. A Ford motor would be acceptable!!!! hahaha

Well, ifn you're going to go NON toyota the chebby is the way to go. NOBODY makes a better stronger engine product line that chebby. Neither phord nor doddddge gasser engines can stand up to chebbys line. Ive driven and towed with most of the models and the chebbys are way better.

MutleyFJ62 said:
I have trouble getting around the whole Chev thing. A Ford motor would be acceptable!!!! hahaha

might as well put a Jeep motor in it then, huh? lol...-other sean

I beg to differ, I have a 351w with holley projection in my fj40 and it is be absolutly trouble free. As far a durability gose, the best (heaviest) vehicle I have pulled out was an 18 wheeler that got stuck in the snow at my work one winter, and yes it had a full trailer. The driver estimated the load at about 67,000 lbs. I stalled out the engine several times at WOT in 4WD First gear with the ARB locked.
On an aside, not having the distributer crammed against the fire wall is REAL nice, and the cost was the same as putting in a SBC.
If I ever wap in another gas engine it will DEFFINATELY be a Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom