FJ60 Transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to the site and have asked a few questions and got very helpful info back. Thank you for the knowlegde that some of you have shared.
I have have a new question and wonder if anyone has any insight that might help me. I have a '84 FJ60 with a 2f enigne and 4 speed trans. The vehicle is stock but I'm looking to do some updates, What is on my mind is I wonder if I could use a auto trans out of FJ60 with the 2f carberator. Is there any issues that i might run into such as i need a shifter, or linkage, etc.?

X2. It would be easier to swap some headlights instead of a motor/tranny.

well the reason I got the FJ60 was because thats what I wanted, I don't care for the FJ62 due to some of the thing. I was just wondering if the trans out of a 62 would work in the same locations as the 60, but oh well. thanks.

well the reason I got the FJ60 was because thats what I wanted, I don't care for the FJ62 due to some of the thing. I was just wondering if the trans out of a 62 would work in the same locations as the 60, but oh well. thanks.

If you are serious, you can make it work. You will need to rework the mount and the tunnel, but it would work fine. I would not bother.

If this is really what you want, get an FJ62. Then it's already done, all the parts are in the right place, and the EFI and better power of the FJ62 is highly desirable. Really the FJ62 is a better truck everything else being equal.

The FJ60 and the FJ62 are both underpowered. If you want an auto why not go with a Chevy V8 and auto conversion? It's a tried and true update for the Cruiser so you wouldn't be inventing adapters and stuff. I know a couple of guys that have done the SBC on FJ60's and it totally changes the way they drive, for the better.

The FJ60 and the FJ62 are both underpowered. If you want an auto why not go with a Chevy V8 and auto conversion? It's a tried and true update for the Cruiser so you wouldn't be inventing adapters and stuff. I know a couple of guys that have done the SBC on FJ60's and it totally changes the way they drive, for the better.

You beat me to it. I love a strong SBC.

well thanks for the information, I am trying to do what i can on a fixed income. i have some mechanical background so getting dirty is not a big deal. I would like to a V8 conversion but don't know where to begin. If I do a V8 engine and trans do I use the same transfer case? Also how do i smog it? What needs to be done to get it to resistered as a V8 with DVM?

I would think that if you did the auto swap on you FJ60, you would also want to swap gears too. The 60's 3.73 gears probably would not be a great match for the auto behind the low powered 2F.

Like others have stated, if you want the auto, you would be better off getting a FJ62.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom