FJ60 transfer case cover/skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if a 1985 FJ60 came with a skid plate or cover for the transfer case? I've seen a few photos of FJ62's with some sort of bolt on transfer case cover. My tcase is a mess and I just spent a few hours under the car scraping off mud, oil and debris to get it looking decent. I'm wondering if there is an oem or aftermarket part online somewhere that I can bolt on to keep things tidy. Also secretly hoping it will catch the single drop of oil I tend to leave behind whenever I park...

This is from an FJ62 currently for sale on BAT.
1659552197307.png

Thanks!

My 9/86 production date (87) FJ60 had a skid plate -- something like below (actually 2 OEM skid plates welded together in pictures).
20210807_130631.jpg

20210807_130705.jpg

Would be surprised if your year didn't come with something similar - every stock LC I have owned came with some kind of skid plate.

Don't know that it every caught a drop of the oil I was leaking...

My 9/86 production date (87) FJ60 had a skid plate -- something like below (actually 2 OEM skid plates welded together in pictures).
View attachment 3076875

View attachment 3076877

Would be surprised if your year didn't come with something similar - every stock LC I have owned came with some kind of skid plate.

Don't know that it every caught a drop of the oil I was leaking...
Super helpful, thank you. I did a bit more searching and found one like that on ebay but the seller is asking $420...wondering if there is an aftermarket solution.

When I looked a year or so ago, I was not able to find any off-the-shelf aftermarket solutions. A custom built one would likely easily cost you twice as much as just getting a used one from wherever, cleaning and painting it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom