FJ60 tire size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please forgive this question. I know this information is already on the forum but I can't seem to find it.

What is the maximum tire size you can run on a stock FJ60? Or what do you recommend on a stock FJ60?

Thanks!

Chris

I run BFG 32x11.50 Km's - BFG 33x10.50's will also fit.

33x9.5 fits very nice on a stock 60/2

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=6398;start=msg51655#msg51655 date=1066333586]
33x9.5 fits very nice on a stock 60/2
[/quote]

discontinued :p

33x10.5 if your not going off road. Try to find 33x9.5 if you want a tall tire. The best tire size on an fj60 is 31x10.5. Thats what i ran for a long time and what many people with stock cruisers run.

I am running 31X10.50 MT/Rs and love 'em. I have stock (non sagging) springs and they fill the wheel wells nicely. Next choice would be 33X9.50 Kelleys or Goodrich ATs - but I didn't want to drag too much rubber around the mountains.

I am not into hardcore rock stuff, but drive a lot on roads that are mainly imagination, in Nevada, eastern Oregon, Idaho, etc., and need the toughest sidewalls I can get. At the same time I want decent raod performance. The MT/Rs seem to bill the bill for me.

Mike S - original owner of the armadillo sig

31 x 10.5 seems to be the tire of choice.. nicely taller and meatier than stock... looks nice.

On a stock setup, if you ever drive off-road at all, I wouldn't go taller than 31. 33's might fit in thier if your springs aren't saggy but you'll have almost zero articulation and a stuffed look.

10.5 width should be fine on a stock wheel if you aren't airing down your tires but, if you do air down you could pop the bead off the rim. 9.5 is a better fit but, the 10.5 looks meaty..

My 2.... Good luck with your choice!

[quote author=Deep South Cruisers link=board=1;threadid=6398;start=msg51676#msg51676 date=1066338627]
discontinued :p
[/quote]

BFG MT is but not the AT, I bought 12 of em in the last few months.

also Big-O
Avon
Les Schwbe(sp)
Kelley

all make a AT or a semi MT of these the Big-O looks like the best of the bunch.

John H

Very old thread...
Can you run 37s (37×12.5) or 35s are the max size for FJ60/62 axles to handle?

I run 235/85/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (since I have 16 inch rims). I ran the same tire on the stock truck before the OME lift.
In SAE terms, section width is 9.3 inches, with an O.D. of 31.7 inches. Never had contact nor articulation issues when off roading with stock suspension.

I run 235/85/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (since I have 16 inch rims). I ran the same tire on the stock truck before the OME lift.
In SAE terms, section width is 9.3 inches, with an O.D. of 31.7 inches. Never had contact nor articulation issues when off roading with stock suspension.

I'm more concern of what 60-series axle can handle mechanically. Do 37s be too much for them or still OK?
I run 35s for several years on the 4th Gen. 4Runner and it was a bit over. 33s were fine, but 35s start bringing mechanical issues with time.

Landpimp, can you "please" tell me where you sourced the 33x9.5 AT's? I've looked all over for these tires and I can't find ANY producer of a 9.5" tire.

Oh wait, I see that post was from '03. If anyone knows please let me know. I have 9.5's on the 40 and 10.5's on the 62 and the 40 drives a LOT better. Lot's of wander on the wider tires......

I think the 33x9.5s are long gone. I don't really want to think about how old mine are.

Looks like the closest option is the 235/85-16 but of course you'll need new wheels.

31 x 10.5 seems to be the tire of choice.. nicely taller and meatier than stock... looks nice.

On a stock setup, if you ever drive off-road at all, I wouldn't go taller than 31. 33's might fit in thier if your springs aren't saggy but you'll have almost zero articulation and a stuffed look.

10.5 width should be fine on a stock wheel if you aren't airing down your tires but, if you do air down you could pop the bead off the rim. 9.5 is a better fit but, the 10.5 looks meaty..

My 2.... Good luck with your choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom