FJ60 - Tire rubbing on fender? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

My FJ60 has a 3" Pinnacle Engineering lift, plus 33X12.5X15 AT tires mounted on 8" wheels. I've noticed that the tires would rub the lower front wheel well (pretty badly) whenever I drive up or down an angled ramp or parking lot with the wheels turned (of course).

The tires would actually rub the contact patch area and NOT the sidewalls. There's a shiney part of the inside wheel well that's now without paint after all the rubbing.

Do any of you all have this problem, and what might be the solution? I was thinking about using a big hammer to beat in this area.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

What backspacing are you running? You ought to have plenty of room.

M

I'm quite sure they're 3.5 in. I've owned them for a LONG time, but the biggest tire I've ever installed was 32 X 12.5 without the lift kit (no rubbing at all). My older tires after installing the lift kit were 32 X 11.5, and NO rubbing. I will measure and confirm the backspacing one of these days when I have a wheel off the truck.

Thanks,

Chuck

My tires rub, but I don't really care. If they are rubbing on the smooth spot at the front of the wheelwell there is nothing to cut them. Kinda suprising that they rub in the parking lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom