FJ60 Sway bar links- cheap, easy upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Staton

SILVER Star
Threads
Ok, so I have not liked how much my truck leans or sways as I corner since I bought it a couple years ago. I upgrade the suspension with an Old man EMU kit and that help a lot. I also upgraded my seat cushions with the SOR cushions, which helped me stay in my seat better. I was up under my truck a couple weeks ago doing an oil change and grabbed the sway bar links and noticed how loose they were. The bushings were pretty ratted out. I tried to tighten them up but they wouldn't. I thought maybe you could just replace the bushings and did a search and found new sway bar link kits for sale on ebay from Au for under $25 shipped. Wow...cheap and something I could do myself. Changed them out this morning and can definitely feel the difference.

FJ60Sway1.JPG

FJ60Sway2.JPG

FJ60Sway3.JPG

Last edited:
Is the top rubber bushing missing? It sort-of looks like in the photo. Also, I'm doing this now, did you find a torque setting for the bolts?

you just cant see it....the bushing on the top is as big as the one you can see. Also, I did not find the torque setting...just tightened it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom