fj60 steering wheel into fj40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am doing power steering mod. saginaw. my 17 in. stering wheel has got to go. i picked up a column plus linkage out of a fj60. any suggestions?:steer:

If your just going to swap out the wheel, remove the 2 signal cancel pins on the 40 and install them on the 60, as it has none....

If your just going to swap out the wheel, remove the 2 signal cancel pins on the 40 and install them on the 60, as it has none....

Ahhhh....so thats what I need to do! Thanks

is anyone selling bolt on aftermarket steering wheels for the 40?

Thanks for the pics. I am 4 inches to far forward after my first adjustment in the pillow bearing. i see that the saganaw may need to be in place to do the final mearusrement? I am right there, just a few more details.

is anyone selling bolt on aftermarket steering wheels for the 40?
I took an old Grant out of mine and replaced it with a blue one from an FJ 60. The grant was a bit small for my taste and 13"....plus it looked pink from fading.

I do believe the FJ62 wheel added a nice touch..............:steer:

Added the 2 pins so to retain turn cancel function................:wrench:
100212_125114 (Custom).jpg

I still must add those pins!

This is not finished yet, but I am mking a steering column.
Used a 40 steering wheel from a 72, bottom of the a 60 steering column .
The shaft inside is made from the 40 shaft and the 60 shaft with upper and lower bearings. It will fit into a 40, but I am making it for something else.
I will use a shaft from a mini truck to go from the steering cloumn to the sag box with a the slip yoke either from the 60 or the mini depending on what I find in the junk yard this week.
So you can make anything, and the 60 should have a lot of joints you can use.
steering.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom