FJ60 starter is the best thing ever! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just swapped in a FJ60 gear reduction starter, and it makes a huge difference. I think it starts my engine quicker and sounds a lot more solid. Basically bolts right in, I did however have to extend 1 wire a few inches.

Best part it was only $35 from TAP through ebay. Everybody should do this...

There's also a little bit on this in the FAQ...

I just did the same. I got mine from someone on Mud, then put in a new set of contacts and plunger. Good as new.

If anyone needs a used one, I have one off my 60 that I will send for the cost of shipping only. I live at zip 84319 in Northern Utah.

I'll take it! A spare is always good.

High-Torque starters are a GREAT mod...
Having the option of utilizing your starter to get you over an obstacle (when necessary) is always good.

used mine on Vrock (going up Cadillac leaving the springs) 2yrs ago :D

I love mine as well. It helps having a parts 60 around. Next on the list is a "big top" dizzy from the 60 to the 40. We will see how that goes. I just picked up a brand new Downey header and gear reduction starter for $100 yesterday for the parts stockpile. Woo Hoo

TK

nice

i just bought one a few weeks ago from autoparts warehouse too but i havent installed it yet. Looking forward to it now.
so you said you just had to extend a wire a bit?

i just bought one a few weeks ago from autoparts warehouse too but i havent installed it yet. Looking forward to it now.
so you said you just had to extend a wire a bit?

I didn't even have to do that. Even the wire fitting is the same from my 76 harness to the solenoid side of the starter. It'a very clean factory fit. I did run a new main starter wire just to beef it up and remade the ground as well.

I used 4 gauge Marine cable, with marine heat shrink. Some use 2 gauge but even the 4 gauge is stouter than the factory wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom