Cruiser Head (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update on the dash pocket replacement panels.

I received the screws today and they're the wrong size. I ordered the correct size today so I should have these available by early next week.
I have everything else waiting and ready to go on this piece.
View attachment 2601380
That looks so much better than an empty sammich tray. I think I have sammich tray PTSD. So glad you found the right hardware because it those switch slide out on to the floor when I punch it, I would loose it 😄

Alright, I have the correct size hardware and these are now available for purchase.
Use code IH8MUD for free shipping in the USA.

_MG_6088.jpg
_MG_6098.jpg

Thank-you to everyone who recommends products and are PMing me ideas!
Im going to make a new thread of products and releases in the classifieds area very soon so this thread can be more about design process, collaborating and trouble shooting. Ill post a link once I make it.

New classified listing here, This has a brief description of all my offerings and acts as a 2nd catalog.

Should I include a version of the dash pocket frame that covers the entire face with a thin sheet of plastic, allowing the user to cutout each corresponding switch slot as they need it? It would/should give a cleaner look to those of you who dont have or need 4 switches in their dash.

Last edited:
That's a good idea: Allows for customization.

Have you made any custom ashtray switch panels to accommodate the original FJ60 switch size?
If so, how many fit and do you have any pictures? Thanks

Have you made any custom ashtray switch panels to accommodate the original FJ60 switch size?
If so, how many fit and do you have any pictures? Thanks
Ive had a few people inquire about the FJ60 switch size, but because of their unique size and scarcity I have not made a version for the stock FJ60 switches, only the FJ62. If I were to make one it may be a few weeks before I could get to it. Id imagine I could fit 4 on the ashtray panel but that's a complete guess. Do you have other extra FJ60 switches?

Ive had a few people inquire about the FJ60 switch size, but because of their unique size and scarcity I have not made a version for the stock FJ60 switches, only the FJ62. If I were to make one it may be a few weeks before I could get to it. Id imagine I could fit 4 on the ashtray panel but that's a complete guess. Do you have other extra FJ60 switches?
I have an OEM FJ60 foglight switch and several FJ60 rear defrost switches

I added the screened in option, It will have the same surface finish as all my other product, the picture is just for reference. This was a suggestion by a buyer that I think was a great Idea!

asdf.png

The Carling x4[Screened] Option is the same as the Regular Carling switch face, except a single layer of plastic is printed over all the Carling slots. This allows the user to have a clean blocked off look if they don't have all 4 switches filled in the switch face. The screen is thin enough to be cut out with a knife or pushed through by hand for easy expandability.

If anyone has any suggestions on how a product of mine can be improved or a product that needs to be created, Please reach out. Most of what I sell was based off of the community's ideas. If I think you have a great idea and make something that you suggested I'll make you that thing for free provided you supply me with all reference material I need to create said product and provide me with feedback once you receive it. You can either post it here or PM me!
-Chase

Hey Chase - Great work on these. Two thoughts come to mind, but of course feel free to disregard. I would buy both, and am happy to send you my removed seatbelt light panel for #2 below if that would be helpful.

#1 - Re: Fj62 HVAC panel - Is it possible to do a cutout for the 80 series front/rear locker switch (PN 84725-60020)? Seems like a good spot for it.

1615584634869.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 2.31.31 PM.png

#2 - How about an indicator light panel that fits in the spot below the tac in the center of the instrument cluster? On my 62 the only light is the seatbelt indicator, and there are 2 screws holding it in. Not sure if the 60 is a good candidate for this or not. Seems like a great piece of unused real estate to me.

Newvintageusa.com sells something similar for reference. Link
And the indicator images have been discussed here as well. Link

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 2.42.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 2.42.59 PM.png

62 gauge cluster.jpg

Hey Chase - Great work on these. Two thoughts come to mind, but of course feel free to disregard. I would buy both, and am happy to send you my removed seatbelt light panel for #2 below if that would be helpful.

#1 - Re: Fj62 HVAC panel - Is it possible to do a cutout for the 80 series front/rear locker switch (PN 84725-60020)? Seems like a good spot for it.

View attachment 2612083View attachment 2612084

#2 - How about an indicator light panel that fits in the spot below the tac in the center of the instrument cluster? On my 62 the only light is the seatbelt indicator, and there are 2 screws holding it in. Not sure if the 60 is a good candidate for this or not. Seems like a great piece of unused real estate to me.

Newvintageusa.com sells something similar for reference. Link
And the indicator images have been discussed here as well. Link

View attachment 2612092View attachment 2612093

View attachment 2612096
I like the Dif lock switch idea, I would just have to get one in my hands or know the general dimensions first to see if it would even fit.
The indicators would be tricky as the FJ60/FJ62 already come with most the indicators they need, Unless you add after market lockers but the switches already light up. However, I could try and recreate the FJ62 Seatbelt housing and add variations for another indicator of the users choice?

Cool. I'm happy to send you a diff lock switch, or front you the purchase price of one. I'll PM you.

Re indicator - your last sentence is exactly what I was thinking. But, I might be the only weirdo who wants the 80 series diff lock switch with indicators in that space...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom