Cruiser Head (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First of FJ62 Products. Switch insert that replaces your HVAC blank cover plate. Snaps right into place just like your cover, No additional hardware is required for this pieces. Sizes for aftermarket heater switches, Carling switches, Toyota Switches and a 2" gauge will be available very soon on my Etsy page! FJ60 Solutions by FJ60Solutions on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/FJ60Solutions
3D Printed in a UV resistant, Heat resistant, sanable paintable ASA plastic.

Switches are ressesed just like OEM to preserve that original look!
View attachment 2589747View attachment 2589746View attachment 2589750View attachment 2590564
Literally the other day I was talking to my friend about buying a 3D printer to make these. I'm glad I don't have to spend that money and time figuring out how to do that now lol. Will be order one soon, once I get my dual battery installed and relay box built up to support more lights and therefore switches. I'm excited now.

Last edited:
The Carling switches are either too tall or too thick for a smooth installation in the sandwich slot replacement panel, Currently hard flexing is required to install the instrument bezel which is not ideal for these brittle bezels. I'm working on a two piece version that will include x4 Toyota style screws in each corner for smooth installation and ease of removal of this new piece in order to prevent breaking any bezels.
Allowing the switch plate to be removed separately from the instrument panel will add some new benefits which include allowing the user to avoid removing the entire instrument panel to install new switches after initial installation, also It will allow the user to swap out the switch plate for one with more or less switch slots in the future easier to do.

I post this only to inform any of you who are waiting on the release of this that the production may be delayed while I order in hardware to include with these kits. I hope to keep my current deadline by the end of the week but it all depends on how quickly I can ship in the screws.

Last edited:
The Carling switches are either too tall or too thick for a smooth installation in the sandwich slot replacement panel, Currently hard flexing is required to install the instrument bezel which is not ideal for these brittle bezels. I'm working on a two piece version that will include x4 Toyota style screws in each corner for smooth installation and ease of removal of this new piece in order to prevent breaking any bezels.
Allowing the switch plate to be removed separately from the instrument panel will add some new benefits which include allowing the user to avoid removing the entire instrument panel to install new switches after initial installation, also It will allow the user to swap out the switch plate for one with more or less switch slots in the future easier to do.

I post this only to inform any of you who are waiting on the release of this that the production may be delayed while I order in hardware to include with these kits. I hope to keep my current deadline by the end of the week but it all depends on how quickly I can ship in the screws.
I hope it will work with my aluminum bezel
IMG_20200911_070952032.jpg

That sandwich tray is the most useless thing on my Toyotas. My 1980 deluxe has one too. I bet it's the same. If so, you may have a much larger target audience @SgtChase .

Finally got it! install it once and never take out your instrument panel ever again! If you need to service or add wiring, simply remove the outer face and wallah! shouldnt be too much longer until its avalible, Just have to get hardware and yadda yadda bing bong.

Only question is should it have 4 screws or 2 screws? It will work fine with 2. But I think 4 looks better IMO

20210223_024018.jpg

it has to be less than 8x8x8in to fit my printer and I'd have to see it first.
I'm a novice (& frankly, bad) 3D printer.. but I have a 310x310 Anycubic MegaX printer. I only have PLA (but plenty of PLA).
I was using it for some PPE stuff for my office, and hospital colleagues.. but it's been gathering dust for about the last 6 months.
I need to dust it off and restart, since I need to make a custom bracket for a relocated windshield washer tank.

If it's something simple, but larger, I might be able to give it a go.
fishninjay@gmail.com

First of FJ62 Products. Switch insert that replaces your HVAC blank cover plate. Snaps right into place just like your cover, No additional hardware is required for this pieces. Sizes for aftermarket heater switches, Carling switches, Toyota Switches and a 2" gauge will be available very soon on my Etsy page! FJ60 Solutions by FJ60Solutions on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/FJ60Solutions
3D Printed in a UV resistant, Heat resistant, sanable paintable ASA plastic.

Switches are ressesed just like OEM to preserve that original look!
View attachment 2589747View attachment 2589746View attachment 2589750View attachment 2590564
This makes me very happy... I'm glad I didn't make a post asking about FJ62 stuff back on page 1 of your thread!! I'm about to dive into my dash to (RE) install a single-din radio, and I'd love to have something better underneath in the 2nd DIN spot. Enjoying this so so much. Awesome work... forget college and just stick to this gig.

Would anyone happen to have the OEM radio bracket nut size? I can find out but if sombody has it handy that would be dandy.

its either 6mm x 1.0

or 5mm x .90

what hex tool wrench or socket size does it use chase , if i know that i can cocrete ID for u

6mm x 1.0
now the catch .........

Toyota used flange nuts not standard hex

holes were tad larger to allow for adjustment

so u need wide type serrated flange nuts 6mm x 1.0 pitch

here are what i speak of

if u use smooth flange nuts radio will vibrate off serated dig in like tigers claws and bite for life !

1614471310441.png

1614471341297.png

1614471379658.png

They're actually a metal flange lock nut, Super annoying when your trying to install a radio through the radio hole and you have to wrench all the way up!

They're actually a metal flange lock nut, Super annoying when your trying to install a radio through the radio hole and you have to wrench all the way up!

i have SMOOTH flange ones also chase if you so choose them >

let me know ill mail you out a hand full

Different part number but still the same level of functionality.
I found a late 70s Celica radio and it fits exactly into the empty sandwich slot, for what that’s worth. There may be other Toyota radios out there that are that size as well. Of course there are OEM inclinometers that are meant to fit in there as well. I bet the sandwich slot piece was fitted in there because the US wasn’t given the inclinometer as an option.

Otherwise - pretty useless, except for the party trick: put something in the sandwich slot and punch the gas pedal to watch it fly out and hit the center console. Works every time!

- pretty useless, except for the party trick: put something in the sandwich slot and punch the gas pedal to watch it fly out and hit the center console. Works every time!
🤣 not sure.. most of these 60/62.. you “punch the gas” .. I’d be lucky to beat a bicycle off the line.
🛻💨

Update on the dash pocket replacement panels.

I received the screws today and they're the wrong size. I ordered the correct size today so I should have these available by early next week.
I have everything else waiting and ready to go on this piece.
_MG_6088.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom