Cruiser Head (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anybody know the light tan color for the bezel? SEM Santa Fe (15123) looks close from the chart, but spray can colors always look different in real life.

@ChaserFJ60 what paint did you use for the bezel? The color match looks really good.

@ChaserFJ60 what paint did you use for the bezel? The color match looks really good.
I actually repainted my whole dash a few years back so the color match should be pretty close. I think I used khaki satin. Im going to hunt for a paint that I can include with dash kits in the future.

Alright, I'm really excited about this one.
This is an exact replica, NO COMPROMISE Fj60 instrument control bezel. The goal of this piece is to replace your pre-existing cracked and tired bezel with a new one that looks EXACTLY the same. Currently I don't have the proper printer to make these so I will be in a pre-order phase. During this time I need to make at-least 15 sales to afford the proper equipment to produce these in a single print. after all the pre-order units have been sold the price will increase from $120 to $160 for the unit you see pictured.

These will ship with an unfinished surface and unpainted, it is the users responsibility to have these sanded and painted. These will be shipped in a form similar to the last picture.

The one you see pictured was printed in three separate pieces which could work but is prone to cracking, and the whole point of making a new one is to prevent cracking. When I get the needed larger printer these will be made in one single, strong piece.

These will also be made in ASA which is 10x more UV resistant than ABS, So these are expected to last.

PRE ORDER HERE FJ60 Trim Panel PRE-ORDER | Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1015358488/fj60-trim-panel-pre-order?ref=shop_home_active_1

The goal is to have these selling within the month.

*Excuse the shotty paintwork, I was in a rush to get this posted*

This is the 3D printed prototype installed and painted
View attachment 2691702
View attachment 2691701

They will ship in a form similar to this, Sanding and painting will need to be done by the user. Because of the different number of paint codes and how some cruisers fade differently this will give you the opportunity to better paint match your bezel to the rest of your dash.
View attachment 2691717
@GLTHFJ60

@ChaserFJ60 I designed a custom bezel for my truck using all carling switches (I rewired my truck completely). I cut out the panel on my CNC plasma cutter and epoxied it to the remnants of my *broken* OEM HVAC bezel. Could we work together on a 3d printed version of this with integrated mounts and whatnot? I have DXFs that I can provide.

1622649608961.png

@ChaserFJ60 I designed a custom bezel for my truck using all carling switches (I rewired my truck completely). I cut out the panel on my CNC plasma cutter and epoxied it to the remnants of my *broken* OEM HVAC bezel. Could we work together on a 3d printed version of this with integrated mounts and whatnot? I have DXFs that I can provide.

View attachment 2692257
I was actually planning on adding custom options for the bezel, one idea I had is almost exactly like how yours is laid out! Shoot me a PM and we can make something work!
I had a hard time telling how you panel was made, Its really well put together!

View attachment 2692257
BEER LIGHT!! Classy lol

Alright, So these sold pretty quick! :cheers: I think there's only 2 more per-order units available.Thank you to everyone whose supported me in purchasing a bezel!

All the proceeds from the pre orders are being used to buy new and better equipment that's needed to produce these bezels. With this new equipment I'll be able to venture into new and bigger projects for the FJ60 community.

Great minds....
I am also working on 3D printed parts. Currently using a dimension bst 768. I agree, getting colors to match is a beast. Hope all is going well for your efforts.

First of all the bezel isn't ready to be shipped out yet, this is sort of a teaser.

Alright, Ive been hard at work trying to get the bezel as good as I possibly can. This new 3D printer is amazing but damn is it a learning curve, bigger build plates and nozzle sizes need much tighter tolerances and devotion.

I successfully completed my first bezel test print today and I'm pretty satisfied with my initial results. However, I'm still in the 3D printer and model tuning phase, given that I'm dealing with new equipment this may take more time initially to get setup properly which is critical if I'm to send out a quality part.

The final model will look very similar to this one but may have some differences.

The first test fit went pretty well. All the critical points are in spec but there are some discrepancy's to fix here and there. You can expect the piece sent to you to look very similar to this one. Sanding and painting will need to be done by the end user.
20210619_131245.jpg

Here we can see the top face of the bezel. These steps will be present in the final product and will need to be sanded down by the user.
20210619_125735.jpg
20210619_125753.jpg

Here we see the back face of the bezel. It's a tad ugly and stringy, there's not much I can do about the back surface quality as its where the 3D printer puts support structures to save print material and to make the model dimensionaly accurate. The surface quality on the back isn't a huge deal as it will be hidden when installed and even though it looks bad, Ive taken steps to ensure that it wont effect the integrity of the model. I'm working on ways to make improvements where I can
20210619_125741.jpg

Thanks to everyone who purchased a preorder unit! This would never be possible without your confidence and support in this project! :cheers: 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom