Cruiser Head (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@garfieldthecat So far it fits good. Im going to include some internal locking star washers in the kit as they need to be bent significantly to remove the spring. The spring will need to be preserved. I'm doing some final field testing to ensure proper strength before I post these up for-sale. I actually found that my passenger side had a pretty bad crack that was spreading when I used it for a template.

These will be 3D printed out of ASA, a UV resistant, tough plastic.
Execellent! Can't wait...standing by on Etsy for the first batch. Thank you for doing the R&D for this. I think it will be a good addition to your product line.

Don't you just cringe when a clueless passenger just grabs your rearview mirror, cranks it around to see if their makeup is ok, or starts yanking on your 35 year old sun visors?
I cringe when someone wants to smoke a cigarette in my 62. I just tell rhem if they burn a hole in my headliner they are responsible for it then explain and they don't smoke.😃😃

A new Pre-Sanded Bezel version is available. Most of the top visible hard surface layer lines are sanded down, making for an easier prep and paint.

dasdasdasdfgqwegh.jpg

@ChaserFJ60 How much is the upgrade from non-sanded to pre-sanded bezel? I assume you’ll catch a flight out here for that yeah?

Raw bezel is $160, Pre sanded is an even $200
Just making a funny since I have the un-sanded pre-order bezel sitting here. That’s all I’m good for is just pumping up the number of pages in this thread with bad “jokes”.

I say forget the swivel mounts and get straight to the fj62 bezel;):deadhorse:
Swivel mounts are just waiting on hardware to include, I need an FJ62 bezel in good condition to copy. I have one but its missing the ash tray part.... Really I could make one now but I need an FJ62 to test fit it on in the DFW area, and currently im unsure of how much demand It would have. The lack of options for test fitting is really the biggest limiting factor. The FJ62 bezel has more complex clip on connection points and I cannot sell these without 100% verification on fitment.

So on the swivel mounts.....This is maybe a little bit of a longshot, but bear with me. I have always wanted to figure out some way to utilize this sturdy mounting point to mount things like GPS' via RAM mounts. I like to have my stuff up high and out of the way of my windshield vision. I'm tired of suction cups letting go and dropping my stuff on the floorboard. I had thought of figuring out a way to attach a RAM mount ball using this attachment point on the roof. Maybe some kind of bracket you can sandwich in between the visor mount and the roof. If you are making these swivels however, any chance you could integrate something into the design to allow for a RAM mount ball to be installed and used for mounting various light weight devices up high? Made a crude drawing of what I mean here. Shot of the RAM mount swivel looking straight on at it:

RAM Mount Visor.png

I'm not an artist but hopefully you get the idea. So you have the normal visor swivel and mount piece with sort of extra ear molded into it which would allow you to have a place to mount a RAM ball mount. You would have to mess with it so that it clears the windshield and doesn't impede the movement of the swivel itself, but since you are making them maybe there could be a version you could offer for folks that want to mount things in their trucks. The ear would prolly have to be angled and offset in a way to clear the various contours of the roof and cab. But seems like it could be done. This mounting point is much more sturdy than the suction cups on windshields. Maybe a non-starter because of design/printing challenges, but an idea for you to do what you want with. HTH.

Swivel mounts are just waiting on hardware to include, I need an FJ62 bezel in good condition to copy. I have one but its missing the ash tray part.... Really I could make one now but I need an FJ62 to test fit it on in the DFW area, and currently im unsure of how much demand It would have. The lack of options for test fitting is really the biggest limiting factor. The FJ62 bezel has more complex clip on connection points and I cannot sell these without 100% verification on fitment.

I have an FJ62 in Arlington if you need a guinea pig. Currently not running, but it's there!

So on the swivel mounts.....This is maybe a little bit of a longshot, but bear with me. I have always wanted to figure out some way to utilize this sturdy mounting point to mount things like GPS' via RAM mounts. I like to have my stuff up high and out of the way of my windshield vision. I'm tired of suction cups letting go and dropping my stuff on the floorboard. I had thought of figuring out a way to attach a RAM mount ball using this attachment point on the roof. Maybe some kind of bracket you can sandwich in between the visor mount and the roof. If you are making these swivels however, any chance you could integrate something into the design to allow for a RAM mount ball to be installed and used for mounting various light weight devices up high? Made a crude drawing of what I mean here. Shot of the RAM mount swivel looking straight on at it:

View attachment 2731802

I'm not an artist but hopefully you get the idea. So you have the normal visor swivel and mount piece with sort of extra ear molded into it which would allow you to have a place to mount a RAM ball mount. You would have to mess with it so that it clears the windshield and doesn't impede the movement of the swivel itself, but since you are making them maybe there could be a version you could offer for folks that want to mount things in their trucks. The ear would prolly have to be angled and offset in a way to clear the various contours of the roof and cab. But seems like it could be done. This mounting point is much more sturdy than the suction cups on windshields. Maybe a non-starter because of design/printing challenges, but an idea for you to do what you want with. HTH
Im completely unfamiliar with RAM mounts other than the one I use on my kayak. I do feel that its possible... maybe... to do. What type of mount specifically are you talking about. Links appreciated.

@Ragetits I might take you up on that :hmm:

Im completely unfamiliar with RAM mounts other than the one I use on my kayak. I do feel that its possible... maybe... to do. What type of mount specifically are you talking about. Links appreciated.

Was thinking something like this:

Other options I thought of to work with the stock visor setup:

RAM mounts sort of work on a ball joint sort of setup. Something like this:

I have something like this with a suction cup mount:

But we really just need the ball part for the arm to clamp to. Ball would attach to your visor base via the ear you fashion into it, and then the arm would clamp to the ball. I'll see if I can mock up a photo of what I mean here.

Was thinking something like this:

Other options I thought of to work with the stock visor setup:

RAM mounts sort of work on a ball joint sort of setup. Something like this:

I have something like this with a suction cup mount:

But we really just need the ball part for the arm to clamp to. Ball would attach to your visor base via the ear you fashion into it, and then the arm would clamp to the ball. I'll see if I can mock up a photo of what I mean here.
You may have already considered it, but ram makes an attachment point that you can just replace an existing screw/bolt with the ram ball.

Amazon product ASIN B005J43I56
I don't know how it would hang on the visor base but I used this on the bottom right of my dash bezel. (fj60 solutions switch plate in place of sandwich tray and his head unit adapter as well so it's sorta thread related.?)

IMG_20210417_195456350.jpg

Last edited:
You may have already considered it, but ram makes an attachment point that you can just replace an existing screw/bolt with the ram ball.

Amazon product ASIN B005J43I56
I don't know how it would hang on the visor base but I used this on the bottom right of my dash bezel.

View attachment 2732047

Nice. I hadn't seen that specifically. Would certainly be easier than what I was proposing. I thought maybe if the ball mount was offset some by having a base where it attaches molded into the visor mount itself it wouldn't impede the use of the visor. But might have to get kinda creative to work around the contours of the roof line to make it work which may make it more trouble than its worth. Seems RAM mount has a solution for everything so my idea is prolly not worth pursuing. Carry on.

Last edited:
Ive gotten many requests for ways to mount a Double DIN radio in the FJ60. This by far takes the cake!

View attachment 2744499
I stole this picture from @FJ6T who introduced me to this radio. Check out his insane build --> Overdue Build Thread - Fj60 5.3 swap - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/overdue-build-thread-fj60-5-3-swap.1119200/

This is the Apline ILX single DIN to touch screen radio!

View attachment 2744496View attachment 2744497

Before anyone purchases a radio bracket for it I have to say that my current radio bracket will NOT work with this radio without some extra work as it does not have a DIN cage included in its kit which is REQUIRED to fit this particular radio. However, I'm confident I can make a bracket that works with this radio. If anyones interested in a bracket for this radio let me know. This is a really cool idea!
There are several radios out there like the Halo. The Halo is probably the nicest though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom