Cruiser Head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What about printing the front and rear side vents?
Trail-Trailor sells these in aluminum. Brushed or anodized black.

Dang it! I bought the ashtray replacement a couple weeks ago but I think the sandwich tray replacement would be better. I just bought the new one so if anyone wants my ashtray replacement DM me. I'll make you a good price.

Shout out to @Richfj60 for his help in this project. Id like to gauge the demand before I pull the trigger on getting these FJ62 Radio brackets cut out from sheet metal. These are an exact replica of the OEM bracket in terms of mounting and will include a right and left side. If the demand is there I will sell these on my etsy store front. As of right now I should have these avalible very soon.
Untitled.png

Here is some latest FJ60 switchs

Also FJ62 to the left hand side of the steering wheel has 1 and some times 2 short stubby knock outs

Please get with chase and have him buld a toyota oem size spec of choice dream switch panle

Then PM me

I can help fill your pipe dreams into LED reality

D3057D51-45A7-487E-BC06-FBBE9C3A0787.jpeg

19028055-6077-4402-B78A-DF8FE0145FC8.jpeg

E84F33B5-F744-4A42-98F2-10EDDA58656B.jpeg

B52557F9-524E-41C4-955C-6F82022541C2.jpeg

84A27DAC-0E67-404C-9DAD-D6B1DCB1D2AB.jpeg

Last edited:
You can now use the FJ80 Diff locking switch in your FJ62 with this new HVAC replacement panel, its another new way to keep your FJ62 Land Cruiser looking like a Land Cruiser without any flashy aftermarket Differential locking switches.

3D printed out of ASA, a UV resistant, tough plastic.
Snaps into place with no required modification to you instrument bezel.

Available at FJ60 Solutions by FJ60Solutions on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/FJ60Solutions?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=965758491

difff2.jpg
previewww.png

Thanks to @Dubs2017 for the idea!

Last edited:
Currently in the final fitment phase! These should be available really soon. If you plan on buying one let me know so I can have an appropriate supply ready. The final version will be laser cut from stainless steel.

20210325_154917.jpg

Last edited:
The FJ60 Stock variant for the ash tray replacement panel is now available here!

3D printed in ASA, a UV resistant, tough plastic. This variant works with the shorter, wider FJ60 switches only.

FJ60x4.png

The FJ60 Stock variant for the ash tray replacement panel is now available here!

3D printed in ASA, a UV resistant, tough plastic. This variant works with the shorter, wider FJ60 switches only.

View attachment 2626665
Ordered this and the FJ60 radio brackets this morning. . Thanks for the development effort. Btw, Paypal seemed to work okay today

Still testing the FJ62 radio bracket, It should be available very soon.

Is there any demand for the FJ60 stock radio bracket? I'm trying out a method of sheet metal stamping that I could use to get a very similar part

Got my “new” radio installed. The bracket worked great! I need to get a trim ring for it (I think the DIN sleeve I have is an oddball), wire up the backlight for the buttons, hack in the Bluetooth receiver, and I’ll be good to go!
FCEC61DE-03E4-4726-B8B0-1774CD1C8C42.jpeg

Oops .... here’s the picture:

67240521-E7D3-465E-8392-4A85EF8406AF.jpeg

I already have numbers/information that the radio brackets vary ever so slightly for different year model FJ60's from my initial testing and I want to expand my data base before I jump into a new improved version of this product.

To those who purchased an FJ60 radio bracket, If you would post or PM me some info.
How well did the DIN fit initially, did the bracket need sanding or adjustment?
Does the radio sit where it should or could it use adjustment?
Did you use the provided spacers and if so did they improve the overall fitment?
Does the radio face sit at a comfortable angle?
What did you dislike about the bracket?
Was it what you expected?
If you would please PM me with this information and anything else you'd like to add.

I'm toying around with the idea of making a more rigid, sheet-metal version. The 3D printed radio bracket will still and always be available at its current price.
The FJ62 reproduction radio bracket is still in testing and it should be available very soon.
-Chase

These are still undergoing test-fitting! Its hard to do as I don't have an FJ62 handy to do my own testing on.
Progress nonetheless is happening on these FJ62 Radio brackets!
I think in the final production run I will leave the inner locking tabs flat as not all new radios utilize all the tabs, It will be a "Bend as required" type-a thing. All you need is a pair of needle noes pliers and the bending is very doable. I will pre-bend all the mounting tabs as those require more precision than I initially expected, so I will be making a Press jig to ensure production/fitment reliability.
v22.jpg

These are still undergoing test-fitting! Its hard to do as I don't have an FJ62 handy to do my own testing on.
Progress nonetheless is happening on these FJ62 Radio brackets!
I think in the final production run I will leave the inner locking tabs flat as not all new radios utilize all the tabs, It will be a "Bend as required" type-a thing. All you need is a pair of needle noes pliers and the bending is very doable. I will pre-bend all the mounting tabs as those require more precision than I initially expected, so I will be making a Press jig to ensure production/fitment reliability.
View attachment 2640401
Even the early/first iterations are pretty damn close. They fit to my aftermarket made-in-china, ATOTO double-din headunit perfectly.
I think it's pretty much ready to go.. but I can see wanting it to be just a little bit "more perfect". Nice item.. and badly needed, I bet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom