Cruiser Head (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First of all the bezel isn't ready to be shipped out yet, this is sort of a teaser.

Alright, Ive been hard at work trying to get the bezel as good as I possibly can. This new 3D printer is amazing but damn is it a learning curve, bigger build plates and nozzle sizes need much tighter tolerances and devotion.

I successfully completed my first bezel test print today and I'm pretty satisfied with my initial results. However, I'm still in the 3D printer and model tuning phase, given that I'm dealing with new equipment this may take more time initially to get setup properly which is critical if I'm to send out a quality part.

The final model will look very similar to this one but may have some differences.

The first test fit went pretty well. All the critical points are in spec but there are some discrepancy's to fix here and there. You can expect the piece sent to you to look very similar to this one. Sanding and painting will need to be done by the end user.
View attachment 2708336

Here we can see the top face of the bezel. These steps will be present in the final product and will need to be sanded down by the user.
View attachment 2708332View attachment 2708335

Here we see the back face of the bezel. It's a tad ugly and stringy, there's not much I can do about the back surface quality as its where the 3D printer puts support structures to save print material and to make the model dimensionaly accurate. The surface quality on the back isn't a huge deal as it will be hidden when installed and even though it looks bad, Ive taken steps to ensure that it wont effect the integrity of the model. I'm working on ways to make improvements where I can
View attachment 2708333

Thanks to everyone who purchased a preorder unit! This would never be possible without your confidence and support in this project! :cheers: 🍻
Safe to say the ashtray switch plate will snap right in?

Safe to say the ashtray switch plate will snap right in?

HECK YES it does

Chases work it the tightest i have ever seen ...................!

i vouch for CABINET grade PLANT A11 Fit 100%

First of all the bezel isn't ready to be shipped out yet, this is sort of a teaser.

Alright, Ive been hard at work trying to get the bezel as good as I possibly can. This new 3D printer is amazing but damn is it a learning curve, bigger build plates and nozzle sizes need much tighter tolerances and devotion.

I successfully completed my first bezel test print today and I'm pretty satisfied with my initial results. However, I'm still in the 3D printer and model tuning phase, given that I'm dealing with new equipment this may take more time initially to get setup properly which is critical if I'm to send out a quality part.

The final model will look very similar to this one but may have some differences.

The first test fit went pretty well. All the critical points are in spec but there are some discrepancy's to fix here and there. You can expect the piece sent to you to look very similar to this one. Sanding and painting will need to be done by the end user.
View attachment 2708336

Here we can see the top face of the bezel. These steps will be present in the final product and will need to be sanded down by the user.

Here we see the back face of the bezel. It's a tad ugly and stringy, there's not much I can do about the back surface quality as its where the 3D printer puts support structures to save print material and to make the model dimensionaly accurate. The surface quality on the back isn't a huge deal as it will be hidden when installed and even though it looks bad, Ive taken steps to ensure that it wont effect the integrity of the model. I'm working on ways to make improvements where I can
View attachment 2708333

Thanks to everyone who purchased a preorder unit! This would never be possible without your confidence and support in this project! :cheers: 🍻

Over the years when various 3D printing threads come up on here, I have inquired numerous times about this bezel being one of the parts printed. Chase, you are the only one who I have seen thats successfully done this. It always seemed to me this was a no-brainer part to make use of 3D printing technology (based on me knowing nothing about 3D printing). Outstanding job on finally delivering a plastic bezel replacement option for those of us who want a more OEM-style part in our trucks. Just great work.

Question for you.....is the material these are made out of paintable if someone wanted to match the OEM bezel color?

Last edited:
Over the years when various 3D printing threads come up on here, I have inquired numerous times about this bezel being one of the parts printed. Chase, you are the only one who I have seen thats successfully done this. It always seemed to me this was a no-brainer part to make use of 3D printing technology (based on me knowing nothing about 3D printing). Outstanding job on finally delivering a plastic bezel replacement option for those of us who want a more OEM-style part in our trucks. Just great work.

Question for you.....is the material these are made out of paintable if someone wanted to match the OEM bezel color?
Chase can answer the paintability thing …. But I have a can of SEM Color Coat in the Santa Fe color en route. I’ll report back with how good of a match it is. If it sucks I’ll try some other things. I should pick up a can of plastic adhesion primer before the bezel arrives, but I can get that locally. Anybody else know of a good match for the tan interior dash color (not Cordovan Brown)?

I have a bezel showing up and was wondering about the paint as well. Though I have the gray/blue interior. Anyone know the SEM color to match the light gray?

I got a small trim piece from @ChaserFJ60 , great piece and excited to put it in. I first sanded with 600 grit sandpaper. I should have done it longer, but its smooth enough. Next I hit it with plastic adhesion promotor so the paint actually sticks. Then hit it with SEM 17073 which was way too light for the FJ62, I believe this is the one for the FJ60. It seems SEM 15303 is the correct dark grey for the FJ62 interior and that is now on order.
CD7D1527-0C63-4A82-9230-22224B0CA9EF.jpeg

I got a small trim piece from @ChaserFJ60 , great piece and excited to put it in. I first sanded with 600 grit sandpaper. I should have done it longer, but its smooth enough. Next I hit it with plastic adhesion promotor so the paint actually sticks. Then hit it with SEM 17073 which was way too light for the FJ62, I believe this is the one for the FJ60. It seems SEM 15303 is the correct dark grey for the FJ62 interior and that is now on order.
Which plastic adhesion promotor did you use?

View attachment 2708336

View attachment 2708333

Looking very nice.

Alright, I'm really happy with how its turned out so far and I expect to be in production mode probably tomorrow.
I sanded, prepped and painted my personal panel first to ensure theres not outstanding issues.

The test fit
20210622_120010.jpg

I used 3M spotting putty for those small 3D printing marks
20210622_143856.jpg

Still working on the paint, I paint a layer then sand it smooth then repeat. This is my 2nd pass. I repainted my dash a while ago with some rattle cans from lowes, this color I'm using wont match the stock dash.
20210622_161255.jpg

:cheers:

That's great work @ChaserFJ60 , now could you print me a Toyota Tech? I don't care what color, I can paint him any color I want later. 😄
If you get into that, I’ll take one Toyota Master Tech as well please! 3D printer plus Dr. Frankenstein and you should be able to make a working prototype.

Alright, I'm really happy with how its turned out so far and I expect to be in production mode probably tomorrow.
I sanded, prepped and painted my personal panel first to ensure theres not outstanding issues.

The test fit
View attachment 2711197

I used 3M spotting putty for those small 3D printing marks
View attachment 2711199

Still working on the paint, I paint a layer then sand it smooth then repeat. This is my 2nd pass. I repainted my dash a while ago with some rattle cans from lowes, this color I'm using wont match the stock dash.
View attachment 2711198

:cheers:

Looking amazing Chase. Thanks for taking this on. Again great work here.

Alright! the bezels are being printed and shipped out starting today. I'm sending these out in order of who purchased first. If you would like to purchase a bezel they can be found here FJ60 Dash Bezel | Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1015358488/fj60-dash-bezel
Thanks again to everyone who pre-purchased a unit! :cheers:
The bezel came in today. I don’t remember the last time I had to pay on delivery for shipping, I didn’t know they still did that. Thanks again for making these awesome products.

And for your next trick........

Seems there is need for the 62 bezel as well. Maybe @EscapeWagon62 would be willing to work with you and send you a test piece to make a reproduction lower dash valance in the FJ62 while he has his out. HTH.

Alright here's the official banner! I'm shipping out orders daily, I have a maximum production of 1 per 12 hours IF everything goes right.
Thank-you to everyone for their support!

demo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom