Fj60 smog review. Pls help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey everyone, I live in central ca, my 1985 fj60 just failed smog. I currently have a fully rebuilt carb off of an 85 fj60 ready to be put on but just thought I'd run my test results through some experts like yourselves! Any advice or help is much appreciated thank you!

image.jpeg

Start with your AI (Air Injection system. Your risidual O2 is very low. Review youe emissions manual and follow all of the test procedures for that system. Your ABV will most likely need to be cleaned out and the vsv's may need to be replaced. Then go on to the EGR and troubleshoot that system. Be sure you have a clean air filter and PCV valve is hooked up and working.

Dyno

High HC & CO & low O2 (& lowish CO2) are often symptoms of a weak or malfunctioning Air Injection System when they are all present together.

Since your NO numbers are good, that's saying that the EGR is working & the catalytic converter (may) be working OK enough.

When the air injection system is working as it should, the extra air (oxygen) pumped into the exhaust helps the catalytic converter convert CO to CO2.

High HC can be caused by these things.

(I'm too lazy too type it out)

Last edited:
Pay attention to output shaft. He knows his stuff

That looks like John Voight in Ray Donovan.

There is a web rumor that 2 gals of coleman fuel and 4 gals of rg ful will reduce hydrocarbons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom