Fj60 Scale Models (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe Hotwheels will do a custom run of ANY car for something like $15k plus $100 each car. It's been about 10 years since I quit hording HW's though so I'd have to look into it again.

>Correct me if I'm wrong but tamiya are plastic models that need
>building right? Rique

yes thats quite true so there is indeed something to be said for just being able to buy a diecast. but if you feel like fiddling around with a fairly easy build the tamiya is the one!

15K plus 100$ for a hot wheels model? that sounds pretty extreme. i assume that would be large scale (1/18 is typical die cast scale) and not one of those little bitty ones?

i would still love a franklin mint level one but i have to think you would need to order a bunch to get them for 100$ each. unless they already have the basic tooling done and you just want a little custom work on it, they would have to invest many thousands in molds and dies.

but hey if it comes to pass i would be more than happy to throw down a fin on a nice diecast fj60.

i would post a photo of a 1/24 scale land rover on a diorama base that i did but somehow it might not be appreciated!

one love
jah bill

post up jb.

and nope... they're the little ones at that price. I've bought and sold HotWheels in the thousands of dollars range in the past so a fin for one isn't really a big deal to me. It's the $15k investment for tooling that hurts.

Just got this today......

not sure on exact scale but the zippo gives you an idea
lil 60.JPG

That's cool where can I get one?

no kiddin.I need one.I got a fj55 one, a bunch of micro machine fj40's.R/C fj40's, and hotwheel sized fj40's.I need a 60.

Came as part of a 6 car set, I only got it for the 60

It was a prize pack in japan that a friend of mine got for me. Here's the whole set.
4x4 set.jpg

Last edited:
A little late to the party, but...

Here is a HJ60 in 1:43 scale. It is cast in resin, but will mix in any diecast collection unnoticed. Not a bad lookin' model, eh? Made in France.

Cheers, R -
LCr.60.hj.mar.jpg

Looks like its time for an OME those stock springs look pretty saggy. :D

The Land Cruiser emblem is in the wrong spot, but the only 60 series model I have seen. I have spent some time searching ebay and the web for LC models/diecast. There is 4X series models, Prado's, 70, 80, and even 100 series and FJC models, but no one makes a 60 series. I don't get it.

I have to put up a pic of my home made model from cardboard. I used it for a project...I think it's pretty good for an amateur cardboard and tape model.

still waiting for this model....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom