Fj60 roof vibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There’s a couple of cross supports that run across the roof. They’re normally glued to the roof at the factory, but over the years, they just kind of dry rot themselves free. The same thing happens to the support structure that is under the hood. It’s likely that what you’re hearing is the roof vibrating against the supports that have come free. Don’t worry, as long as it’s not rusting away, the roof isn’t going anywhere without the rest of the body.

Of course your vibration may also have something to do with your roof rack and gutter mounts, so check all that as well.

Thank you it sounds like the rear cross supports are the working themselves free.

No problem. If you can look down the top of your roof line, you may notice that it is a bit wavy. This is a tell tale sign that the roof has liberated itself from the cross supports.

Again, don’t worry... structurally it’s fine. If you ever decide to pull the headliner, you can re-glue the supports at the same time.

I wish i could replace my headliner that’s the only thing I have not touched. I am so afraid of taking my windows and seals out such a huge job

I wish i could replace my headliner that’s the only thing I have not touched. I am so afraid of taking my windows and seals out such a huge job

It’s so satisfying when you’re finished though.

B7D1F876-12E9-4906-B1C6-35D6FCEC2822.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom