FJ60 rear wiper removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rear wiper decided to stop working this winter and i'm just now getting around to fix it. the motor still works and drives the pinion gear but the wiper arm does nothing more than twitch up and down. I tried to remove the arm to see if it needs to be tightened. I can't get the arm off though. Does it need to come off? or can I fix the issue without taking the arm off? If so, how does it come off?

The arms rust or bind after awhile.Loosen the nut and hit the nut with a brass drift it will pop loose. Mike

Under the cover on the arm is a nut that holds the arm to the shaft. Cover should pivot up to access the nut. Check to see if the arm is stripped once you get to the nut. They are just pot metal so it's not unheard of for the splines in the arm to strip. If the arm is not stripped out, its the motor or the relay (I think) that controls it.

Tony

thanks for the help. figured out that the flap at the pivot comes up about 2 seconds after posting the question.

I'm assuming you're in MT? check in at the clubhouse section, north american central region, big sky cruisers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom