Wanted fj60 rear disks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm interested in a rear disk brake setup for a fj60 axle.Maybe just the brackets if thats what ya got.Let me know what ya got. Thanx alot... Pm me or post. Ryan

yeah, I've seen those too.Just like to save a lil moola if I can ya know.Someone has got a set for me out there.

I'm gonna order a set from JTO. If you have a machine shop that can make some I'll send ya mine for measruements.

I'm think'n I may see if I can get some done locally for resell...unless Poser or orangefj45 are planning on doing them. I'll keep ya posted.

Mike

Cool thanx...

Yeah, I can do the rotors here at work.Just can't do the brackets.Thats really the part I need.I won't get much time to work on her until X-mas break.Takeing a couple days off work between x-mas and new years.These 75+ hour weeks are starting to get to me a lil bit. OT = cruiser $

Bumpa for me again...

may i ask why you'd want discs on the back of a 60? and what are you gonna do about running an ebrake?

orangefj45 said:
may i ask why you'd want discs on the back of a 60? and what are you gonna do about running an ebrake?
For me it's a 60 axle under a 40 and don't need to stink'n brakes:D

Ya gotta hook-up for these too Sir?

Mike

66fj40x2 said:
For me it's a 60 axle under a 40 and don't need to stink'n brakes:D

Ya gotta hook-up for these too Sir?

Mike

mike you flatlander! i guess on a 40 you could still use the t-case mounted ebrake setup or just eliminate the ebrake all together. i like having a functional ebrake and the 60 axles definetly offer just that with the stock drums. imho.

orangefj45 said:
mike you flatlander! i guess on a 40 you could still use the t-case mounted ebrake setup or just eliminate the ebrake all together. i like having a functional ebrake and the 60 axles definetly offer just that with the stock drums. imho.
I thought about switching to the Eldo calipers to keep the ebrake on the axle but I already got everyhting else from my 40 setup. Get'n cheap in my old age. Been giving serious thought to line-locks too:D

my appologies for continually hijacking this thread. don;t waste your time with the eldo calipers. i do not know a single person who has installed them and is happy with how they work. willwood is coming out with a set of calipers that do the same thing but with a much better design. looking forward to seeing those and how they work.

I go away for a day and the thread blows up. haha.No internet at home yet, I'm never there working 75+ hour weeks and all.
I sent a email reply to the offer.
I'm going the same route, 60 axles under a 40 so I still got a parking brake on the TC. That and I'm throwing in a line lock also. Already got my fj80 master.

Hijack all ya want.

Thanx..... I did end up finding a set of brackets from a guy on here.Actually just got em in the mail yesterday.I'm that much closer to gettin this thang off the stands. woohoo....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom