FJ60 radiator recommendations in 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PO installed what I think is a Champion rad in currently. It recently sprung a pin-hole leak near the top. I was driving around town and noticed a coolant smell. When I got home, it was hissing out. So onto MUD to search which rad seems to be the best. Looks like it's a crap shoot when I see that people love/hate Champion, CSF, Mishimoto or insert any other brand here. I don't have the option of rebuilding OEM bc I don't have one.

I'm leaning towards a CSF 2708 which looks like a direct replacement. RockAuto seems to have the best price $336 ($325+$11ship) other than NewEgg.com for a $1 cheaper. Has anyone purchased a rad from NewEgg? I've owned my 60 for almost 3 yrs which if the PO replaced it prior to sale (which I don't think so) then I got 3yrs out of it which from my MUD search seems to be when problems start.

Any other recommendations for a FJ60 radiator replacement? And my only 'while I'm in there' job I can think of is adding a aftermarket temp gauge but I'm still debating that. I've already done all the coolant hoses, wp, fan clutch, and split shroud when my wp went bad.

FWIW, Rock auto couldn’t get me a 2708 without damage. First was a crushed fill tube, the second looked like a toolbox was dropped on it, damaged core.
I’ll go mishimoto also, shoulda just done that to start with

damn, through the years of threads there was no clear winner. but it did seem to lean towards CSF. I already ordered from Rock so we'll see. I did read to pressure check prior to install which is what I'll do too. Appreciate the reply @BlackCat and @Dumpolina

I've got an oem one of unknown history in Reno if you change your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom