Fj60 PS box with Saginaw pump-? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I been reading for a few days on the FAQ section,even i ask on the 60 series also, just need part number for the hoses or if have to be made on a shop, an oil cooler will be added also. Pressure hose its the one that i need,thanks

If I understand your questions you'll have to get a hose made. The FJ60 unit has metric threads and the Saginaw has SAE. The threads are extremely close and you can actually start the metric hose into the Saginaw pump but I wouldn't want snug it down for fear it would leak and the threads would be trash.

Make a custom hose.

If I understand your questions you'll have to get a hose made. The FJ60 unit has metric threads and the Saginaw has SAE. The threads are extremely close and you can actually start the metric hose into the Saginaw pump but I wouldn't want snug it down for fear it would leak and the threads would be trash.

Make a custom hose.

He could always get a Sag pump from a mid-80's Volvo 240. Same pump with metric threads. Has an "M" cast into the pump.

BTW, mine used the same fittings.........I run a minitruck system but was surprised to find they were the same. Jus' sayin'.;)

Hi All:

No problem, it will work fine.

For a PS cooler, go pick-up an automatic transmission cooler from a chain auto parts store. Mount it in front of the radiator and plumb it into the return (low pressure) line between the PS pump and gearbox.

Yes, you will need to have a custom high-pressure hose made. Large NAPA locations usually offer this service. If you bring in a fitting that will fit the PS pump, and one that will fit the gearbox, and tell 'em how long the hose needs to be they can make you a high-pressure PS hose with a metric fitting on one end and a SAE fitting on the other.

Regards,

Alan

If you can't find someone to make the lines you can get the adapters and make your own lines to length. The ends are readily available as are the hoses. The adapters are available from Earls or maybe these folks.

LEE MFG. CO in Sun Valley CA 818-768-0371

Check out PSC Motorsports. Power steering is what they do. These fittings are what you need the adapt the metric Toyota threads to standard hose fittings that Napa will carry. Hydraulic Fittings

Hydraulic Fittings

I just ordered up a set to go with a 60 box and a pump kit I ordered from them. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom