FJ60 Project 4 sale in So Cal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ60 Project Truck

Good:

Chevy 350 TBI rebuilt with less than 1500 miles
203 and split case
4 wheel disc brakes
SOA with 4.88 gears and ARB lockers
37” Goodyear MTRs (5) almost new, maybe 3000 miles
Recaro Seats (2)
Tuffy Console
All Autometer gauges, tach, oil pressure, temp, volts, gas and Speedo not hooked up.
Safari Gard front bumper
Custom rear swing a way with tire mounted
Sliders, old ARB design welded on and beefed up
R&M Shower
Lights on bumper, 4 rock lights, reverse light

Bad:

No tranny, needs a 700r4, pulled it to have it rebuilt, it was trashed
Rust along the gutters
Dented front passenger door
Several other small dents through out truck (has been wheeled)
No back seat
No current registration but the fees have been paid
No tranny shifter
No shift linkage for t-cases
No air lines run to lockers, compressor is mounted

I have a good non rusted FJ62 body in the garage, yours if you want it.

Was close to passing smog, has new cat and I think that is why it wouldn’t pass. No promises.

I priced out what the tranny would cost and you can get a good rebuild in the area of 1500 and 2000. I can put you in touch with a good tranny builder.

I am selling this truck because it has been a long and hard project that I have invested many long hours and large amounts of money but can’t finish. I have other things that I need to focus on and want to do. I have owned this truck since 1999 and have seen it through many changes. Now I have other focuses and needs so the truck must go.

I am looking for $5500 for the truck and at this point am not interested in parting it. I don’t have the time and the ability to do so. Please feel free to ask questions and I will be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability. Thanks and someone will end up with a great project that is almost done. Enjoy!!!

It is so.....Got hurt at work and haven't worked in like 6 weeks....trying to get stuff done around the house...Thanks for the offer though...

Tim,

My offer still stands should you change your mind. It's a shame to see you sell with all you have gone through with it.

Don

Don,

I appreciate the offer....I really do...It is time for me to re-evaluate what is important in life and right now that is not cruisers...my loss is someone elses gain...I really wanna see this go to someone to enjoy...

Here are a couple of pics...If you wanna see anything else just let me know..
cruiser 005.jpg
PIC00003.JPG
PIC00007.JPG

Hey Tim,

I picked up your tranny in Jan and delivered it to Georg, sorry to hear it was trashed. I won't say I'm sorry to hear that you are selling, 'cause I have been in the same situation. Sometimes it is for the best, focus on what is important to you. Hope your injuries don't keep you down too long, and also hope to see you around for that beer we were talking about.....

All the best,
Brian

Brian,

Thanks again for the tranny transport....I will own another cruiser someday..but right nowe it is not the time...I iwll meet up with you again I am sure and will have beers to share...

Sorry to hear the news as well. Good luck putting things in order Tim and hopefully you will get back into the Cruiser community sooner than later.

We will see what time says.....I know I will miss the truck since it was my first but....the family is more important...

That's a great deal for someone who has the time to finish the project, everything that Tim did on this rig was top notch, no expenses spared.

I don't get to this forum very often at all. I was kinda wondering if you were gonna pull the trigger on this [no pun intended!] A very hard choice indeed my friend. But I do think it is the right one for you.

Step right up folks. Do the math. You couldn't assemble these parts for this price, never mind the hundreds of hours of labor that it took to get it all together. THis is a GREAT deal. Someone with an inside line on a tranny is gonna score big time.

Good luck Tim. Talk to you soon.:)

the only thing needed to get this rig on the road and trail is a th700. you'll have to get a special output shaft from AA for about $150 and get that installed in a th700.

if anybody is interested in this rig but isn't sure about the transmission setup required to get it back on the road, feel free to hit me up. i can have a trans built for you nd this rig.

top for a smokin deal!!!!! :cheers:

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I am knee deep into the same mods on my truck. I studied your build up closely.

That is a truly smokin deal. What a laundry list for a killer '60. For the money, I would definitely trade capability for a dent or two.

Bump and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom