FJ60 progress! OME done! Tire/wheel questions (33x?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.griptiongear.us
I finished installing the OME lift/suspension about two weeks ago. 2.5-3" lift, yeah right. Try more like 12" lift! It looks awesome! I measured from the ground to the rocker panel, 19.5 inches! The Heavy kit is incredible! It's a bit stiff and bouncy, but much better than the sagging stock springs and broken shocks! Plus, everything bounces on the trashed Utah roads.

I bought BFG AT 33x950 R15 tires for the stock wheels. The guy at Discount Tire said the 1050's were unavailable, discontinued...so I got the 950's to ensure I could get replacements if I blow a tire. I caled BFG to verify about the 1050s. Turns out they are not gone forever. They discontinued the version with a "Q speed" rating of 100. They now make the "R speed" rating tire of 106. This new version is just on back order. Popular size I guess.

The tall skinnies (950) look decent and perform well, but a bit skinny for my preference.
Many posts stated it is fine to run a 1050 on the stock 15x6 wheel.

Am I crazy to hassle with exchanging the 950s for the 1050s?

I am considering new wheels so I can run 1250s. Any wheel recs? How do the 1050s and 1250s compare for performance?

Any input is much appreciated!
CIMG4952 no plate.jpg
CIMG4863 no plate.jpg
CIMG4948 np.jpg

Damn. That is one CLEAN lookin' blue cruiser. :D Nice rig!

From what I've heard, you can clear 12.50 with no problem with that setup...

we run 1050's and love it! Not too skinny, not too fat. She is just right.

you will get more rub with 1250's.

Thanks! I love it! It's better than ever now.
The world of Cruisers is truly addicting.

I have been browsing numerous photos and I think the 1050s look fine. I still would love wider, but wheels seem pricey for my wallet right now. :frown:
Hmmm...what to do?

Good to hear the news about the 33x 10.5's. The cruiser looks great. Good job.

We run 33x12.5x15's on stock rims with the same lift set up. I am going to put it on 9.5's soon since most of our driving is on road currently, and I think that we'll get better fuel mileage. But I love my 12.5's!

I like the skinnies. I would keep them.

Less strain on the steering too. Probably less wondering on the road.

Unless this is a dedicated trail rig, I would stay skinny.

Nice rig.

cruiser looks great like it sits I got 12.50 on 10's and they rub alot off road, none on the street

pickle.sized.jpg

i hope mine looks that nice when i get it repainted.

wow, that rig is mo' clean. Nice look. I run 33X10.5s, I like them more than the 9.5s, but not enough to drop a good set of 9.5s just for the look. I'd run yours until you need a new set, then change.

Those pics are sweet! Someday I will have the guts to do that trail. Thanks for your input. I love the 1250s! I remain tempted. Still looking at wheel options.

Thanks J Gordon. My dad parked it in the garage much of it's early life, so I think that helped keep it clean.
The main reason I am considering switching to 1050s now is to take advantage of my exchange window at the tire shop. They said they could switch them out, but I am certain I will incur some money loss since I've used them a bit. I assume one inch won't do much for performance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom