FJ60 Price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found an FJ60 for sale yesterday and I talked to the owner and he said that it does blow some white smoke so I assume that either it needs a new head gasket or the head is warped/ cracked. I think overall the vehicle is in excellent condition and the price @ 3000 seems pretty fair. I wanted to confirm this is a good price and post some pictures of the pig before I make an offer so if you would let me know about how much I should offer.

Cruzersoul
Landcruiser #1.jpg
Landcruiser #2.jpg
Landcruiser #3.jpg

Excellent condition or not, if it's not drivable, it's probably not worth $3K right now, in my opinion.
I think you better find out what's wrong with it before you hand over any cash.

Yup - what's the mileage? For 3K with engine issues, thing would have to be otherwise pristine to get that money.

I agree. You are paying at least $4K for that vehicle provided that you do the work yourself, and that is being optimistic. Even if it is "only" a head gasket, you are going to want to do a valve job while in there. A new OEM head gasket alone is $101 plus ride from Cruiser Dan. Time you pay the machinist, get it magnafluxed, valves ground, etc., buy some new hoses, FelPro manifold gasket, other stuff that it probably needs, you are spending dough.
You are in a good position to make a much lower offer here. That guy might have a nice cruiser, but its hard to sell a nice, non-running cruiser! If he gets it running, he still will not be able to sell it for more than what he is asking in this market.
Buying a good cruiser right now is like baseball, just because they throw you a pitch doesn't mean that you have to swing.

Where are you located? Is there any rust? If you let us know where you are, someone who is familiar with these engines might be able to go look at it with you. Also, prices vary quite a bit depending where in the world you are. $3,000 seems high for something that has obvious engine problems and given the current economy. What is the mileage? Right now, prices are pretty soft for the fj60 so it is not unreasonable to find one cheaper or without engine problems. But if the body is immaculate and you correctly estimate what the repairs are going to cost, then $2,500 seems like a reasonable price.

What is your budget and what do you want to do with it? If you want to do a lot of modifications to it then looking for something that is already modified is the cheaper way to go. But then you don't know what quality of work went in to the mods. Good luck on your search. I paid $4600 for mine but there was no rust, the interior was good, and there were no mechanical problems. It was well taken care of by a mechanic and garaged. I also live in California, where prices seem to be a bit higher than the rest of the country.

Run away from rust. Oh, and welcome! :flipoff2:

:beer:

Tell the guy $1,000 or GTFO.

Dynosoar:zilla:

X2 on $1,00.00:D

I hope it's worth $3000 (since I'm about to sell mine, I think). I agree with the others - Maybe $3K if running well. But no way with a major issue. Wouldn't hurt to check it out. Sometimes those major issues are just simple fixes.

Just to give you some prospective, I just paid $1500 for this '84 with 149,000 rounds, it has always been a southwest rig so no rust and the interior is super clean. The only thing wrong was the power steering pump and pulley where out on it, $150 later I am on the road.
IMG00019.jpg
IMG00020.jpg

I can get 2 in great shape but wont pass Ca smog for 1500 each, I got my 60 for fixing a gas leak 3000 is to high

Well, did ya buy it?

Just to give you some prospective, I just paid $1500 for this '84 with 149,000 rounds, it has always been a southwest rig so no rust and the interior is super clean. The only thing wrong was the power steering pump and pulley where out on it, $150 later I am on the road.

This one reminds me the one I just destroyed :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:
100_3410.jpg
DSC00162.JPG

For one thing, if you are asking the question then that means you are unsure. That means (probably) that you want the rig but a (smarter) part of you is saying NO NO NO......

Like all auto's, Landcruisers are comprised of three items: Body, Mechanical/Electrical, and Interior. If any component is not "OK" then it's big buk$$ to get it where you want it.

I think "Michael Hanson" and "grant5127" gave you some sound advice. By the time you square this thing away for safety and reliability you are going to be out an easy $2,500 in addition to what you buy it for.

it just happens that way, even if you are being careful.

Great trucks these 'Cruisers as long as you're not in a hurry to get somewhere.

I just bought a 98% rust free 84 that needed a clutch for $1000. It was in just as good of shape.

I'm now into it for around $1500 total and finally got it running decent a month and a half later.

I see $2000 Land Cruisers all over the Denver CL that run and drive just fine. Hell, here is one from a Dealer for $2750 that looks pretty damn clean. 1984 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER

yeah....... mine runs really good and I would be doing the happy dance to get $2000 for it, but then again its all rusted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom