FJ60 Power Steering Fluid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys! I’m in the need of some advice! The power steering fluid in my 87 fj60 is low & I want to flush what’s left in there now. I’ve read that I’m supposed to use atf, I stopped by my local dealership and picked up some of this (pictured). Is this what is recommended? If not, let me know what is! Thanks again guys! Your knowledge and advice is always greatly appreciated! (Also recently acquired a 94 LC, and noticed the power steering fluid is also low, it’s currently a reddish color - is that atf also??)

D3DAC75A-FF62-446B-94AF-8C599BB17903.jpeg

That fluid will work and is correct.

Flushing is difficult without making a mess. There is easily as much fluid in the lines and steering gearbox as there is in the reservoir. Getting it all out at once is tough.

To keep the mess minimal, I would suggest you use a fluid evacuator or baster to suck the remaining fluid out of the reservoir. Top off with new fluid. Go for a drive, come back and suck all of the fluid back out of the reservoir and top it off again. While it’s not a true flush, it will refresh the majority of the fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom