FJ60 Power Steering Conversion for FJ40 while keeping air pump (1 Viewer)

I have question, did you weld nuts on the back of the pedestole/mount for the box? couldnt you have just put a plate on either side of the frame and bolted it all the way through?

Could this conversion work on an 82 FJ40 2F that already has a saginaw steering box in place on the frame? Meaning, using the FJ60 PS pump and Air pump along with the saginaw box?? I'm asking because I'm considering an FJ40 that is equipped with the saginaw PS conversion, but the air pump was removed and I would need it to pass emissions in Denver.

Great write up!! Thanks.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
74fj40 said:
I have question, did you weld nuts on the back of the pedestole/mount for the box? couldnt you have just put a plate on either side of the frame and bolted it all the way through?

We drilled and tapped the plate. Access to the inside of the frame is tight there. Also, you need to space the box off the frame to clear the radiator mount...

Website
www.projektenterprises.com
is it possible to use the old air-pump on a late F motor for your alternator without modification? The reason I ask is cause I'm thinking about doing this conversion but without so much extra fabbing. I would like to put my pump where my alt is and my alt where my air-pump is on my 10/74 fj40. Great writeup!

Congrats Pablo! I know that this has been some time in the making. It looks like you did an outstanding job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom