FJ60 Passenger Grab Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ60 Passenger Grab Bar

I'm making a run of these if anybody is interested. All welded steel construction, powder coated semi-gloss black, factory tan or grey. Comes with mounting hardware and installation instructions. $30 + shipping. PM me if interested. Thx.
DSCF1510.jpg
DSCF1511.jpg
DSCF1512.jpg

Last edited:
here's a pic of what the gloss black one looks like. this was my 1st prototype which turned out a bit too long so pay no attention to the length. production parts will look like the tan one in pics above. thx.
DSCF1506.jpg

Are you using GR484 for the gray ones? That's the closest color I could find to matching the charcoal/gray color that Toyota used.

Bars look great, too.

Are you using GR484 for the gray ones? That's the closest color I could find to matching the charcoal/gray color that Toyota used.

Bars look great, too.

These are powder coated which is slightly more difficult to match than liquid. With liquid, you can always tweak the formula quickly and get a change, non-rattle can that is. Once powder is produced, you get what you get so that is the closest stock color powder i could find. You can always order custom color match powder but you have to order a lot to get a good price.
Thanks for the comment tho.

I'm thinking about purchasing one. So it's pretty solid? Could my (short) wife use it to pull herself up into the truck?

These are powder coated which is slightly more difficult to match than liquid. With liquid, you can always tweak the formula quickly and get a change, non-rattle can that is. Once powder is produced, you get what you get so that is the closest stock color powder i could find. You can always order custom color match powder but you have to order a lot to get a good price.
Thanks for the comment tho.

GR484 is an already-produced color code (though I can't remember who the manufacturer is) that's the closest I could find to matching the charcoal gray of the 60/62 dash. It's from one of the more common manufacturers, so any professional powdercoating shop should know what you're saying when you say GR484.

Bitch of it is it usually has to be special ordered, which costs more on top of the actual powdercoating order :bang:

My bar arrived two weeks ago, and I just installed it. It looks great, feels really solid, is cheaper than OEM (when you can find them), and comes with clear instructions. Installation is only a :banana: job.

My 10-year-old daughter loves it. (And, yes, it's legal in NY for her to ride in front.)

grabbar.JPG

Killer!:D Thanks so much for posting the pic. I'm all out of bars now but taking orders for the next run.

I'd dig one in black for the next run. What's the ETA on these?

Got mine in the mail today (that was quick). I didn't get the instructions though. Would you send me a copy?

Similar to this one I'm guessing? https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/236060-dash-grab-bar-install-60-a.html

I emailed ( I thought) but yes, similar to that write up. I will email to you again, sorry. Glad you got it quick.

I'd dig one in black for the next run. What's the ETA on these?
Guessing 4 weeks, mostly due to a big project at work so not much free time @ home. Thanks for all the comments!

Should get mine installed this weekend sometime. I have my final paper to write for my (stupid) literature class, so if I can get that done I'll have time for more important stuff!

So, it was nice out this morning and predicted to be rainy this afternoon, so I said screw the homework and installed my grab bar. I didn't follow all the directions and pop the dash control pieces off. Three of the bolts were easy to install, even with my big hands. The last one (bottom driver side) was a bitch to get to. I could reach it with my middle finder, so I used electrical tape on the tip of my finger, stuck the nut to it and was able to get it on that way. Installed quick and easy in 20 mins.

One tip: the part where is says "note the orientation of your glove box striker". You should actually do it. That was the hardest part...LOL. I looked up under there and could see the wear marks, which helped me get it back in the right spot.

sk8salmon has a winner here...the mount is rock solid and looks great and is cheaper (and IMO better looking) than some used factory ones I've seen sold on eBay! :beer:

Wife, Mother-in-law & kids have the camera at the zoo, but when they get back I'll snap pics.

Do you make any for the FJ40 ?

no but I can take orders if you are interested.

So, it was nice out this morning and predicted to be rainy this afternoon, so I said screw the homework and installed my grab bar. I didn't follow all the directions and pop the dash control pieces off. Three of the bolts were easy to install, even with my big hands. The last one (bottom driver side) was a bitch to get to. I could reach it with my middle finder, so I used electrical tape on the tip of my finger, stuck the nut to it and was able to get it on that way. Installed quick and easy in 20 mins.

One tip: the part where is says "note the orientation of your glove box striker". You should actually do it. That was the hardest part...LOL. I looked up under there and could see the wear marks, which helped me get it back in the right spot.

sk8salmon has a winner here...the mount is rock solid and looks great and is cheaper (and IMO better looking) than some used factory ones I've seen sold on eBay! :beer:

Wife, Mother-in-law & kids have the camera at the zoo, but when they get back I'll snap pics.

:clap::beer::clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom