FJ60 Paint Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am considering having some body parts from my FJ60 dipped to remove paint. I was told with the E Coating on some older vehicles that the newer "Green Acids" don't work well. Has anyone done this on a FJ60?

I am considering having some body parts from my FJ60 dipped to remove paint. I was told with the E Coating on some older vehicles that the newer "Green Acids" don't work well. Has anyone done this on a FJ60?

There are some sand blasting media that are good for stripping paints without impacting the metal surface underneath....you might see if there are any media blaster companies in the area that can clean your parts that way

E Coating is some sort of rust prevention coating where the part is electrically charged and dipped. It is suppose to be very hard. This process was started in the early "80's" on some cars. I don't think the FJ60 is done that way but I also didn't want to make a 3 hour 1 way trip with at test part to find out. Thanks for your replies so far. I wanted to dip it as the rear tailgates get rust building in that lower area where you have a hard time seeing. As you know these are getting very hard to find.

I would like to go down to bare metal due to some rust on the inside of the panels where you can't get to plus there are multiple layers of paint . The dipping removes the paint, treats the rust, and puts a coating that prevents rust until you have time to prep and paint. Plus talking to several painters they say paint lays down so much better on a bare surface. This project is a tribute to my daughters late uncle and means a lot to the family. I want it as right as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom