FJ60 OME 2.5 Med Leaning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a new OME 2.5 medium lift installed in my FJ60 about a week ago. i havent dont anything but drive it back and forth to work. and when i park on level ground, the drivers side sits higher than the passager side at least 1"-1.5".

the garage that installed it as well as i called OME's tech line, and they said that is the way they designed it. because someone is in the drivers seat at least 90% of the time. and in about 2-3 weeks it should settle down when it breaks in.

i dont know about anyone else, but that doesnt sound right to me. what if u always carry a family, or camping equiptment, or the drivers a 90lb woman instead of a 200lb man? i can understand that it needs time to settle down and ride smoother, but to be leaning?

has anyone else had this when they installed theirs? or heard of anything like this?

thanks in advance,

My friend has a 1990-ish suzuki samauria and that has a 4" lift. We notticed the driver side was sitting high by about 1.5" and we also noticed that the bushings in the left side were shot/falling out. the lift wasnt all that old either. I dont know if this is your problem, but it might be.

Just about every cruiser out there has a lean to it. Know in these parts as the cruiser lean. 1.5" might be quite a bit, but if everything looks good I would wait until the springs settle a bit before I would really worry about it. All springs are going to have to go through a break in peroid. The passenger side also has to carry more wieght like the diffs and such. Give it time to settle.

Mark,
Diffs and axles are unsprung weight :doh: They NEVER help the springs settle.

Its called the land cruiser lean

I just bought 4 new springs for my 73 series and to satisfy myself there really are L and R springs I turned them upside down on a flat floor and noted the difference.The drivers springs are are about 10-15 mm higher than the passengers side with the rear springs slightly more than the front.

i only way 130lbs it would have been a year til it sat level...

:doh: is about right. Thanks for setting me straight :flipoff2:

[quote author=cruiser_guy link=board=1;threadid=7243;start=msg60413#msg60413 date=1068250788]
Mark,
Diffs and axles are unsprung weight :doh: They NEVER help the springs settle.
[/quote]

I don't know about 60 series cruisers, but in a 40 series the engine isn't centered in the engine bay, it's offset to the drivers side, and the f/2f is a heavy mofo.

I sure you have fixed your lean by now but if you haven't, I just fixed mine. I bought the spacer from Man-a-fre and installed it on the hi side not the low side between the axle and the spring. There is a little fab work involved so if you have done it, disreguard but if you're going to do it let me know and I'll tell you about the minor fab to make it fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom